We are seeking a Senior Copywriter to join our Auto team. The ideal candidate is passionate about brand voice and tone and conveying brand identity through effective and clever messaging in both English and Simplified Chinese.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience in copywriting at least
- Background in traditional or digital PR agency, previous position within copy role
- Strong portfolio of past work and big ideas (previous experience on global brands a plus)
- Outstanding native Chinese language writing and grammar chops with refined proofreading and editing skills; native or fluent level English language skills are a big plus
- Strong cultural understanding of Mainland China and master of Mandarin word-play
- Experience in Chinese and English language copywriting and editing product user interfaces and marketing communications, including interactive copy, print copy, and video copy—either at a well-known brand or agency with high-profile clients
- Highly organized and able to manage many projects cross-departmentally at once
- Motivated by writing copy that sounds funky fresh
- Able to work on both regional and local level with teams from different background & culture
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Chinese, English, writing, journalism, or another relevant subject
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all copywriting projects for our Auto clients
- Ability to work well within a creative team and clients
- Understanding of both on and offline advertising platforms – able to write for diverse audiences, styles, and formats.
- Create and plan contents for emailing, social media updates
- Create copy for advertising campaigns
- Ensure accuracy and consistency across all written marketing content, and incorporator visions according to current touting procedures
- Define a consistent voice and tone for the brand across multiple channels
Participates in H&K training program.
Supervises training of subordinates and leads training where appropriate.
Continues participation in networking activities by attending a minimum of two networking activities or events per month.
Work with ADs and Ds to help junior staff find opportunities that will challenge them and advance their careers.
Proactively gives informal constructive feedback to subordinates on a regular and timely basis.
Responsible for mentoring subordinates.
Begins to identify industry and area of expertise in terms of future leadership roles and position within H&K.