People + Purpose- Senior Account Director
As a senior team member in the People and Purpose team at Hill + Knowlton you will be exceptionally skilled in internal communications and/or employee engagement and be driven to make your mark on the specialism. As part of People + Purpose, you will have a clear point of view on what ‘good’ looks like in this space and be fascinated by how it can continually evolve.
Internal communications is critical to success in any business; to have clear lines of communication so that employees are clear on the direction and strategy of their organisation along with their role in it. But, it’s not just internal communications that we do. We are inspired to create long-lasting experiences that stay with people. To contribute to a culture, not just a one-off email.
Known for the specialist insights we provide our clients, you will be expected to be on-top of the latest trends. Nothing stands still, so neither can we.
At Hill + Knowlton we have purpose at the core of who we are and encourage our clients to as well. So as part of this role, you will be asked to become an expert in the importance and value that being purpose driven can bring a business.
- You will be responsible for independently managing client relationships and taking accountability for the development and management of employee campaigns, providing impeccable client service skills at all times.
- You demonstrate strong leadership skills and play a key role in supporting the seniors in the management of your employee facing communications. You are respected, show sound judgement and continuously inspire your team through positive example.
- You are a trusted advisor to our clients, responsible for adding value to client relatonships, direct client activity with confidence and vision, helping clients achieve their business objectives and take responsibility for their satisfaction
- Have the ability to develop communications strategies, evaluations, reports, written materials for clients to the highest standard
- Work with your team leader to drive and grow client activity in the team, ensuring projects are delivered on time, on budget and exceeding clients expectations
- Excellent at briefing and managing team members and partners in planning comunication strategies for change and across global markets and complex audiences
- Participate in agency wide new business brief responses
- You are excellent at producing leadership communications, internal-facing articles, employee promotional materias
- Prepared to be responsible for identifying new opportunities and play a pro-active role in proposal development, pitching and conversations
- Able to professionally and with a composed manner manage conflicts and difficult client issues
- Creative mindset, able to actively contribute in an ideation
- You may have line manager responsibilities including; goal setting, performance management and career planning
- Carry out our agency vision and culture of collaboration within these line management relationships
- Responsible for inspiring, motivating and mentoring junior team members to develop greater expertise within the team
- Support recruitment of new talent to the team
Culture and development
We believe that true learning requires self-motivation and curiosity. You are encouraged to explore all aspects of society to learn, grow and inform your outlook.
- 5-7 years’ experience in internal communications or employee engagement
- This experience can either be in a client service organisation, with direct exposure to clients or an in-house communications role
- Clear examples of leading employee-facing campaigns
- Commercial acumen
- Proven ability to develop strong stakeholder relationships at senior levels of an organisation
- Excellent communications skills, able to articulate complex issues clearly to individuals, small groups and large audiences in both written and verbal form.
- A demonstrated awareness of cultural, economic and political differences and sensitivities.
- Strong time management skills, thriving while meeting team and client needs and balancing and prioritizing conflicting demands appropriately.
- Proven understanding of trends, opportunities within employee performance
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.