Managing Editor, Content Development + Digital Marketing - Automotive
H+K Strategies is looking for a leader with strong digital and content marketing skills to build & lead a team of content creators, filmmakers and digital experts serving a major automotive client. This position will be based full-time in Orange County, California.
The role demands someone with exceptional organizational skills, the ability to foster bulletproof client-relations, and a management style flexible enough to lead and inspire a team from diverse cultural backgrounds.
The successful candidate will have experience leading a multi-disciplined team and have a background that includes editorial experience in a news-making environment plus public relations, digital content marketing or branded content creation.
The ideal candidate will bring a proven track record serving brands in the content marketing and digital space, an ambitious, innovative mindset and the confidence to drive high levels of creativity and reach, both within and on behalf of, the team. A proven record of spotting and understanding how to tell a compelling story – whether using the written word, video or on a digital platform – is another core skill.
The successful applicant will take ultimate responsibility in maintaining an impeccable level of quality of all branded content for digital and earned media distribution for our client.
The responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Building and leading our content team, made up from a core of 10 team members and a need to extend to a pool of interactive designers, videographers and journalists
- Balance staff and production budgets for the region and consistently find cost effective solutions to create world-class branded content
- Manage integration and alignment with our client’s marketing and advertising agencies to ensure unified content development
- Offering multi-disciplined content propositions to fulfill our client’s storytelling business objectives
- Maintain excellent client relationships with multiple stakeholders across different functions of our client’s business
- Inspire our multi-disciplinary content creation specialists in creating impactful digital executions and campaigns incorporating creative film and video, graphic design, visual storytelling and public relations facets
- Identify and exploit emerging content opportunities and the latest creative platforms that align with our client’s storytelling vision
- Create content strategies for social media, website and mobile campaign delivery
- Create partnerships and collaborations with leading digital publishers, platforms and partners, while constantly exploring new developments in the traditional and digital media spaces
Preferred Candidates are expected to possess:
- 7+ years’ experience to primarily cover editorial, then applying this within an agency environment (public relations, advertising or digital media)
- Experience in leading a multi-disciplined, creative team
- Strong background in editorial, branded content, PR and/or digital marketing
- Strong understanding of content creation and creative project budgeting and pricing
- An informed point of view on channel planning and content amplification tactics
- Interest or background in automotive PR or marketing sector a plus
- Strong network within the PR / content / marketing industries
- Strong understanding of data-driven content development, reach and effectiveness metrics
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills for intra-team and intra-agency communication and coordination
- Ability to articulate not only digital offerings but also broader communication strategies
- Ability to work with dispersed talent (e.g. multiple locations, different talents) on virtual team projects
- Strong vision to lead and inspire a team, and explore new and emerging opportunities in the digital space
If you think this is the right position for you, please submit your résumé, cover letter and salary expectations.