The Presentation Designer will create dynamic, eye-catching presentations to showcase ideas to prospective clients and help H+K win new business opportunities. This individual will report to a fun and lean U.S. Business Development team and will be responsible for upholding global brand standards, while designing well thought out presentations and submissions that offer creativity and bold and innovative thinking to deliver on communications objectives. Of note, most presentation submissions are in PowerPoint so design with this program is required.
You will partner with team members on the new business team and another designer to help execute sometimes abstract ideas into creative visuals and pitch materials to assist senior leads in presenting on behalf of the organization. Creatively bringing ideas and execution to life is key through imagery, relevant mock-ups and overall design execution in PPT. This candidate must have the ability to communicate information and data effectively with the use of concept mock-ups well as the creation of easy to understand charts, graphs and diagrams – making it feel digestible and interesting to prospects.
The new business team is extremely agile and works across various sectors including healthcare, consumer goods, energy, government and tech. The Presentation Designer will need to display a range of skills and an ability to adapt to different design styles based on the prospect’s business and ideas presented.. We’re looking for an innovative designer who can take initiative and help bring our ideas to life.
This is an opportunity to work at a fast-paced agency, grow your career and see the very best thinking from senior leads engaged in the pitch process. You will have the opportunity to learn about new verticals and PR tactics and work with a driven and dedicated five-person team to liaise across our growing global team.
We prefer candidates based in NY or DC.
• Working with the teams and business development to ensure that all branded PPT presentations are created to a high standard
• Liaising with senior management to create on-brand new business materials, including PPT templates and breaker slides, concept mock-ups, coverage mock-ups, charts, infographics, printed booklets, brochures, boards, etc. (majority of work is in PPT)
• Building collateral to communicate creative ideas and agency capabilities
• Participating in brainstorms and bringing new ideas to the table
• Overseeing freelance design resource as and when applicable
• Supporting design for H+K award entries, ads, mailers, marketing materials and digital channels
• Excellent working knowledge of PowerPoint (of note, all of our new business presentations are created in this format)
• Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
• An ability to build creative templates, infographics, campaign architectures, and concept mock-ups (image research, photo manipulation, and art working)
• Effective time management skills to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Strong communication skills to collaborate with others
• A good artistic eye, an understanding of the creative requirements of a project, and an ability to uphold brand guidelines
• Detail-oriented with an ability to carefully review work
• Professional demeanor and an ability to take initiative
• Strong portfolio showcasing high-end presentations
• At least 2 years of professional design experience
• Motion graphic or animation experience appreciated but not required
Please provide a link to your portfolio along with your application.