H+K Smarter- Behavioural Science
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is a public relations and integrated communications agency with over 80 offices around the globe. We are part of WPP, the world’s largest communications and advertising company.
H+K Smarter is our specialist behavioural insights and strategies unit. Based in London and New York, combines the latest behavioural science theory with new research tools to help create smarter, more effective communications. Our work is primarily UK and US focused, but we work on projects across our global network.
Our clients are increasingly looking for ways to help their customers and other audiences make better decisions and use communications to change behaviour. In these roles, you could help identify strategies to encourage healthcare professionals to recommend the latest and best therapies, make roads safer for cyclists, or find ways to encourage recycling or fundraising. The possibilities are endless, really.
H+K Smarter includes experienced behavioural science practitioners and communications experts. We are looking to recruit to a couple of positions. These roles will report into Dan Berry, who heads the team.
Precise roles and responsibilities will differ depending on the seniority of the post and experience of post holder. In these roles you will:
- develop and implement strategies to better understand people’s decisions and their behaviour, as well as how to influence those decisions and behaviours.
- design research projects and test propositions.
- analyse and present research results
- partner closely with our account leaders to create and carry out effective campaigns.
- build collaborative trusting relationships with your colleagues in the UK and around the globe, helping them understand the capabilities that behavioural science techniques can bring to their clients.
- regularly create and share thought leadership through blogs, articles, research projects and speaking engagements.
- contribute to creative ideas sessions
In addition, for a more senior role, you will:
- be a proactive participant within new business meetings and pitches.
- identify and flesh out opportunities to engage our clients, offering new tools and services informed by behavioural science
- act as a mentor and champion to our colleagues, encouraging a high level of strategic thinking and creativity while providing support on daily activities such as responding to new business opportunities and developing their expertise
- promote H+K Strategies generally, and our behavioural science offer specifically, to develop new business opportunities and expand current client reach.
- provide expertise not only within H+K but with WPP teams, helping maximise client opportunities for H+K.
RESPONSIBILITIES + ATTRIBUTES
We are looking for people who are fascinated by human behaviour, have an interest in communications, and like the idea of being part of an innovative team creating powerful communications underpinned by science. You will have good communication skills, will be able to express complex ideas clearly, and be able to conduct pragmatic research.
The ideal candidates will have:
- a master’s degree or equivalent work experience; or working to complete postgraduate studies. This should be in behavioural science or a related discipline.
- experience in applying behavioural science approaches to real-world challenges
- an interest in using behavioural science and research in a pragmatic way to solve practical business problems.
- the ability to learn quickly and maintain a positive attitude
- strong multi-tasking and organisational skills
- skills in analysing and presenting results from research trials, including randomised controlled trials and other quasi-experimental methodologies
In addition, for a more senior role, you will have:
- at least 3 years’ experience applying behavioural science insights in a real-world setting, preferably in a client advisory capacity.
- exceptionally strong analytical skills.
- proven ability to develop strong client and colleague relationships at the senior level.
- excellent communications skills, able to articulate complex issues clearly to colleagues, small groups and large audiences in both written and verbal form.
- possess a team orientation, particularly with diverse teams.
- knowledge of the financial drivers of a business.
- proven understanding of trends, opportunities within behavioural science and communications, with an ability to identify and act upon “what’s next”.
WHAT THE ROLES CAN OFFER YOU
The roles will offer the successful applicants an opportunity to apply behavioural insights in a practical and impactful context. You will have the chance to work on, shape and deliver projects and campaigns for a range of public or private sector organisations.
There will be opportunities to grow the roles into areas of personal interest, while working in a small, fun, dynamic and collaborative team within a successful global agency.
Hill+Knowlton Strategies is creating a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone belongs. As a company and as co-workers, we are building a workplace where everyone can reach their full potential. We are an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.