Salesforce Database Administrator
About the Foundation
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation was created in 1944 by international business pioneer Conrad N. Hilton, who founded Hilton Hotels and left his fortune to help the world’s disadvantaged and vulnerable people. The Foundation currently conducts strategic initiatives in six priority areas: providing safe water, ending chronic homelessness, preventing substance use, helping young children affected by HIV and AIDS, supporting transition age youth in foster care, and extending Conrad Hilton’s support for the work of Catholic Sisters. In addition, following selection by an independent international jury, the Foundation annually awards the $2 million Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize to a nonprofit organization doing extraordinary work to reduce human suffering. In 2018, the Hilton Humanitarian Prize was awarded to SHOFCO (Shining Hope for Communities), a grassroots organization based in Nairobi, Kenya that catalyzes large-scale transformation in urban slums by providing critical services for all, community advocacy platforms, and education and leadership development for women and girls. From its inception, the Foundation has awarded more than $1.6 billion in grants, distributing $114.9 million in the U.S. and around the world in 2017. The Foundation’s current assets are approximately $2.8 billion. For more information, please visit www.hiltonfoundation.org.
About the role
The Salesforce Database Administrator will ensure that the Foundation is maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of its database systems based on the several user group needs. This position will serve as the point person for users, promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, provide training, and more. Additionally, the Administrator will perform routine system maintenance, system updates and configuration. The Salesforce Database Administrator position requires exceptional technical and communication skills and the ability to interface directly with internal stakeholders to understand their needs in order to administer and enhance the system accordingly.
This position reports to the Manager, Information Technology.
Create and Manage Changes to the System – 25%
- Pro-actively looks for and identifies needed system changes.
- Pro-actively gathers feedback from users.
- Manages system changes without interruption to the user.
- Communicates system changes to the users in advance for comprehension and usage.
- Gathers requirements from end users.
- Modifies the system to increase benefits and usability.
- Manages the change control process and “Change Management” Committee if appropriate.
- Manages all processes that impact / relate to Salesforce.
- Manage new releases of SFDC and efficiently roll out new features.
- Creates and maintains fields, views, reports, dashboards, campaigns and other salesforce.com objects and functions.
- Creates custom objects when necessary.
- Handles on-going customization/ alteration of Salesforce.com.
- Maintains, enhances and creates workflows, functions and configurations within the Salesforce.com environment.
- Creates new reporting capabilities and respond to ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Provides support functions as needed.
Maintain System, Security and Integrity – 20%
- Maps salesforce.com hierarchy and territories in response to personnel changes.
- Reassigns Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities in response to personnel changes.
- Grants/removes and maintains user licenses.
- Maintains security including sharing rules and security levels.
- Designs, creates and maintains user roles, profiles and hierarchies.
- Monitors application storage usage and archive data as needed.
User Assistance, Training, Adoption and Satisfaction – 20%
- Creates and administers training to existing or new users/groups.
- Provides one to one training to end users on an on-going basis.
- Expands use of Salesforce – attends planning meetings, assists with determining if /how Salesforce can be used in new ways as opposed to purchasing a new internal system.
- Assists sales management to create processes in salesforce.com to help monitor activities, trends, sales and leads.
- Communicates regularly with user base regarding new features, enhancements and changes to the system.
- Monitors usage and mentor users/groups needing assistance.
- Continually seeks ways to further enhance the end-user experience.
- Be the company SME on Salesforce.
Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance – 10%
- Documents company processes and workflows.
- Develops process documentation and field maps.
- Creates new processes and associated reporting.
Data Quality, Migration and Maintenance – 10%
- Assists with migration from older systems/processes into Salesforce.
- Monitors neglected Leads, Opportunities, Accounts, and Contacts as appropriate.
- Imports data as appropriate.
- Monitors and manages exception logs for backend system integration with SFDC.
- Manages duplicate records.
- Monitors and improve data quality.
- Ensures data integrity by merging duplicate Leads, Contacts, and Accounts; performs mass uploads and updates of data as required; Removes unnecessary fields and data; ensures screens, fields and workflow have accurate names and reflect current workflow.
Report and Dashboard Creation and Maintenance – 10%
- Creates and maintains dashboards.
- Creates and maintains reports including folder maintenance.
- Develops complex, macro driven reports to summarize system information for Senior Management.
Other Responsibilities as Assigned: - 5%
Education / Training
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent education/experience
- Salesforce Administrator certification is required
- 3 to 5 years of Salesforce administration experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of SFDC and have successfully expanded on those capabilities through the use of custom code (Apex, s-controls) and/or integration with external systems
- Strong reporting background using standard reporting tools including standard Salesforce reporting functionality
- Previous re-engineering experience updating an existing Salesforce configuration to provide solutions for reporting, workflows and enhanced functions
- Detail oriented and self-starter with strong written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Proven ability to utilize Salesforce as an analysis tool
- Great communication skills with enthusiastic personality
- Computer literate and proficient in standard office applications Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong problem solving skills, data and software applications
- Communicates effectively
- Action oriented
- Plans and aligns
- Optimizes work processes
- Drives results
- Decision quality
In addition to the role specific competencies listed above, our Core Competencies are just as important as they identify the key values and strengths shared by everyone at the Foundation, regardless of the job they perform: Drives Vision and Purpose, Collaborates, Instills Trust, Global Perspective and Strategic Mindset
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and we seek candidates from all backgrounds and experiences.