Senior Strategist (Digital/Healthcare)
About Hill Holliday Health: We’re 125 hungry, humble, healthcare-obsessed humans in both New York and Boston, focused on helping people fight their daily battle for better health. Whether it’s highly targeted digital work for rare diseases or big multi-channel DTC campaigns, no challenge is ever too big, or too small. Our clients include Novartis, Alcon, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen division, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, and ALK Pharmaceuticals. To learn about Hill Holliday Health, please visit www.hillhollidayhealth.com.
The Healthcare Strategy team is comprised of both traditional brand strategists and more focused digital strategists who share their roles and work together for the betterment of the brand and consumers. We move fast, together, and are obsessively curious about emerging digital platforms, mobile apps, and trends — as well as understanding the consumer above all else and how to engage and motivative them along their journey.
We are searching for a hungry human with experience both digital/social and more traditional brand strategy. Do you want to join our team, or know someone who would? Read on, or share this with a friend.
A day in your life would look like this (though maybe not all these things every day!):
- Work with brand strategists to ensure understanding of brand objectives, research, and creative platform so you can create inspiring social and digital creative briefs that translate insight into ideas that work across communications channels.
- Partner with media and creative counterparts to ensure creative and media work together and align to an overarching strategic approach.
- Using research and working with other team members, develop digital, social, content and RM program strategies that include recommendations on targeting/segmentation, messaging, offers, content, communications channels, and frequency across online and offline channels (and developing ROI estimates to make sure we’re delivering the best programs possible)
- Work with creative, user experience, content and development partners on design and development of websites and apps
- Meet with, collaborate and present to clients on a daily basis as a valuable partner with day-to-day clients
- Collaborate with media partners to establish communication goals and help shepherd the development of creative assets for media placement
- Collaborate with the analytics team to evaluate the effectiveness of social, content, and digital programs, and recommend optimizations
- Keep your finger on the pulse of competitive and marketplace activities to identify and communicate implications for client and crafting POVs and recommendations to energize our internal teams and clients on digital and social innovation
To make this day great, you’ll need the following skills and attributes:
- 6+ years’ experience working in either/and digital and brand strategy
- Experience in pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare category
- Have a desire to or experience with working collaboratively with strategists and creative teams
- Ability to create inspiring and succinct creative briefs that both inspire creatives and lead to the business generating work
- Innate curiosity and aptitude to learn about disease conditions, medical treatments, health, wellness and nutrition to help understand patients and what motivates them towards a positive outcome
- Proven experience turning quantitative and qualitative research into insights and action
- Ability to read and interpret analytics reports to make strategic optimization recommendations and assess program success
- Comfortable creating and delivering presentations to senior client teams
- Capable of building client trust and enhancing Agency/Client relationship
- A strong collaborator with excellent teamwork skills, able to work both independently and manage up, down and across