Senior Studio Designer
At Hill Holliday, we help our clients fight the daily share battle by swinging hard and fighting smart. We stay laser-focused on the most important part of the equation: the idea. Nothing beats a good one. And every day we come to work to think of more of them into existence to help our clients dominate the noisiest of categories.
We also know that work is about more than just, well, work. It’s also about the people. And we find that when we let those people do their thing – their curious, tenacious, scrappy, be-happy thing – what results is innovative thinking that wins.
The Senior Studio Designer supports all phases of the creative, design and production processes by helping to produce error-free artwork and preparing accurate pre-press files that result in timely, high-quality (design and pre-press) and cost effective outputs of print and digital deliverables.
- Partners with the creative team to edit ad layouts including manipulation of images as well as ensuring ads can print on all media
- Builds mechanical files
- Collaborates with creative team during concepting phase to understand the initial strategy and the creative concept
- Works on pieces for new business pitches and client presentations
- Mounts layouts on boards or create comps for client presentation as needed
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- A solid understanding of layouts
- Some familiarity with basic design and 4-color print and production processes
- Understands the requirements for building production-ready digital files (web and print)
- Ability to implement quick revisions to match a client’s or creative’s request
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment with hard deadlines and multiple tasks
- Team oriented with a collaborative approach to design and the studio environment
- Proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Working knowledge of Flash and Dreamweaver preferred, but not required
- Must be highly detailed oriented
- Pharma or healthcare background is ideal