Website Maintenance and Design Task Lead
This requirement is in the task order stage of the process and each candidate considered will be fully screened by our recruiter and technical team lead and if chosen to proceed in consideration, provisioned an Offer Letter of Intent (LOI). This LOI will need to be reviewed, signed and returned to HighPoint giving us full approval to submit the aligned candidate’s resume to our customer for consideration on this task order.
HighPoint has an opening for a Website Maintenance and Design Task Lead to provide leadership, supervision and management to a small team of web developers. The Website Maintenance and Design Task Lead will focus on ensuring the website stays current while driving continuous improvement in both the content and layout of the site. The candidate will apply UX principles as well as their industry knowledge to ensure the site stays modern and relevant. They will ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality and meet the established schedule, cost and performance metrics.
The Website Maintenance and Design Task Lead will oversee a small team of web developers responsible for maintaining and updating the content of an external facing government website, as well as the maintenance of the site’s architecture. The site is used by a wide range of US and international users.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Information Technology / Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years web design experience
- At least 3+ years management experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- UX expertise is required
- CSM Certification or Agile training required
- Managed in an Agile organization is a plus
- Must be a US Citizen
- Work with the client to understand the goals, priorities, and requirements for website maintenance and enhancement activities.
- Develop project plan that includes cost, schedule, and deliverables.
- Ensure that all content on the site is current, relevant and accurate.
- Ensure that outdated content is updated or retired.
- Create and / or add new content to the site as needed.
- Continuously improve the navigation of the site to make it more intuitive and easier to use.
- Continue to enhance the site to improve its performance on mobile devices.
- Apply UX principles to continually improve the layout and design of the site.
- Ensure team members work collaboratively with all level of government clients
- Ensure all deliverables are of the highest quality and meet the established schedule, cost and performance metrics.
- Responsible for the hiring and allocation of personnel resources for the project.
- Establish quality standards for web related products.
- Ensure that each project is entered in the formal workflow, and that quality checkpoints are included in the workflow.
- Ensure that all established product checkpoints are completed. Provide approval for products to move past each checkpoint.
- Provide regular status and quality reporting to clients.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, and sitting within the work area.
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- This position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires contact with others on a daily basis.
- This position will require regular and reliable attendance as established by the supervisor.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.