Sr. Systems Architect
SR. SYSTEMS ARCHITECT
This requirement is in task order stage of the process and each candidate considered will be fully screened by our recruiter and technical team lead and if so chosen to proceed in consideration, provisioned an Offer Letter of Intent (LOI). This LOI will need to be reviewed, signed and returned to HighPoint given us full approval to submit the aligned candidates resume to our customer for consideration of this task order
HighPoint is seeking a highly motivated Senior Systems Architect to help develop, build and deploy next generation solutions in support of our client in Washington, DC. This position will sit in our Herndon, VA office. Each candidate considered will be fully screened by our recruiter and technical team lead.
As a Senior Systems Architect, you will work as part of a highly technical team of professionals who are responsible for all architectural design, development and deployment of cost effective and sustainable technical and application solutions to meet business requirements. Strong organizational skills, managing competing priorities, technical expertise and attention to detail are key in this customer-focused role. Your main objective for this project is to research and assist with providing technical solutions to the organization's existing IT modernization desires.
In this role, you will be responsible for translating the business requirements created by functional analysts into the technical architecture for the solution, implementing the selected technology, and operate the solution across the enterprise. You will be responsible for maintaining the architecture and design artifacts for use by the technical team to implement the solution.
- BS in Information Technology or related degree
- Preferred: Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field with over 10 years of relevant experience
- Related subject matter certification
- 10+ years of performing the role of Systems Architect for large, 24X7 U.S. Federal Government IT Web-based applications
- Possesses advanced levels of technical knowledge combined with a balanced mix of sound business vision and project/business skills
- "Systems thinking"- the ability to see how parts interact with the whole (big picture thinking) and design the technical architecture and implement the technical solution
- Astuteness of future technology and architectural advancements to support the organizations architectural strategy, technology migration, and integration and evolution
- Broad understanding of the numerous state-of-the-art technologies currently on the market; in-depth understanding of large, web-based application constructs and their supporting components, such as databases, and interconnection/communication such as APIs and web services
- Ability to act as a subject matter expert and advisory to the Enterprise Architect on technology matters
- Ability to suggest approaches that optimize among customer needs, business constraints, and technological realities
- Exceptional problem-solving and written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to organize and prioritize individual work as well as the work of others
- Ability to complete assignments correctly and in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal, coordination, and communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collegiality with others, on multidisciplinary teams and to establish professional working relationships.
- Gain an understanding of the functional and work process requirements of the organization and design the detailed technical solution
- Serve as the bridge between enterprise architecture and applications architecture
- Responsible for the comprehensive and integrated technical design of the IT applications to be delivered under the SOW
- Implement and the detailed solution design
- Ensure that the detailed solution design aligns with the higher-level enterprise architecture and roadmaps and adheres to the enterprise architecture principles
- As necessary, serve as technical team lead; in such instances, provide motivation and guidance to the team, track technical progress, report status to project manager
- Collaborate with and review design concepts with the customers/stakeholders to co-create desired system and required interface
- Document solution designs
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, and sitting within the work area.
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- This position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires contact with others on a daily basis.
- This position will require regular and reliable attendance as established by the supervisor.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Reston and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.