Government Contracts Manager (Work from Home Opportunity)
Government Contracts Manager
HighPoint has an immediate opening for a Government Contracts Manager to join its Legal and Contracts Department. This position will report to the company’s General Counsel and be responsible for managing the full lifecycle of HighPoint’s government contracts and subcontracts. The Government Contracts Manager is responsible for ensuring negotiated contracts maximize value to the company at acceptable levels of risk and provides proactive support and guidance to the organization regarding government contract compliance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience working with multiple contract types, especially Cost Plus Fixed Fee
- Must have strong background and knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), GSA Schedules and other associated supplemental contracting regulations
- Skilled in presenting complex contractual information to senior management and executives
- Proven ability to interpret and negotiate large Government solicitations and contracts
- Skilled in managing schedules for multiple workstreams and meeting deadlines
- Must have the ability to make sound business judgments, handle multiple contractual activities with a short turn-around time, and work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication and writing skills with both internal and external customers
- Highly motivated, problem solving, and detail oriented with the ability to communicate effectively, solve problems, and create trusting relationships with both internal and external clients
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Lead the Government contracting process for the company, including drafting, reviewing, negotiating, interpreting, and administering complex U.S. Government contracts and prime contractor issued subcontracts for professional services
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations, and contract provisions applicable to government business, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation, agency supplemental regulations, Truth in Negotiations Act, and Cost Accounting Standards
- Act as the primary point of contact with Government Contracting Officers and Prime Contractors and Subcontractors on all contractual matters
- Support business development by drafting, reviewing, and negotiating teaming agreements and nondisclosure agreements
- Support company growth by reviewing solicitations and proposals for new business to assess performance risks, acceptable terms and conditions, and compliance with company policy
- Provide guidance to company management on contract issues and their resolution
- Collaborate with the purchasing group to solicit proposals for subcontractors, negotiate subcontracts to ensure appropriate flowdown of prime contract requirements, and monitor subcontractors’ performance and contract compliance
- Develop and conduct training on government contract management and compliance
- Assist in the development and implementation of new company policies and processes
- Contribute to all internal and external audits for the company’s contracts and subcontracts
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior-level Contracts Department staff on a regular basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business or a related discipline; juris doctor preferred
- 5-8 years of experience in Government Contracting, preferably at a large government contractor ($200M+ annual revenue) with a focus on professional services
- 3+ years as contracts leader of large prime government contracts for services
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.