HighPoint’s professionals focus exclusively on helping government agencies and companies implement their most critically strategic initiatives. HighPoint has managed and delivered programs and projects for a variety of agencies and organizations, including training, coaching and content development for national contact centers; software and web development programs for government agencies; and data center and infrastructure projects for global manufacturing and sales organizations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Journalism, Professional Writing or Computer Science or experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of five years as a Technical Writer.
- US citizenship required as per potential clearance requirements
- Relocation will not be offered
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation
- Produces high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success and support of the Systems team.
- Gathers information through research, statistical reports and interviews with technical staff to support technical documentation and Systems reporting.
- Proven high proficiency level (expert preferred) using MS Office suite software tools (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerBI).
- Assists with maintaining records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for historical purposes and report distribution.
- Documents concise and understandable meeting minutes with action items from internal and external technical meetings and discussions held with our team as well as our customer.
- Translates complex data into user-friendly text for print and electronic publications in weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports containing technical and metrics documentation.
- Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.
- Responsible for creating clear, understandable documentation that translates complicated technical processes to a target audience.
- Research subject matter, and consult with subject matter experts (SMEs), for the purpose of creating accurate and relevant performance support material.
- Review materials from team members for adherence to writing, formatting, and branding standards.
- Must display proficiency in writing and understanding complicated concepts and processes from the user point of view..
- Ability to look at issues and potential solutions from the end user’s point of view.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with a large stakeholder community
- Ability to travel up to 5% per year
- Other duties as assigned
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Reston and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.