HighPoint’s professionals focus exclusively on helping government agencies and companies implement their most critically strategic initiatives. The role of Business Analyst contributes to HighPoint through involvement in the development of both business and technical solutions. Working closely with project managers, systems and business stakeholders, and others, the Business Analyst will participate in meetings, collect and document requirements, be involved in process improvement and quality efforts, and contribute to solutions that benefit the entire organization. This person applies business analysis (BA) best practices and works with business and systems stakeholders across the organization to improve business processes and user experiences with a variety of applications.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work within established guidelines and time frames
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to deliver high-quality, defect-free reports and information
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally at all organizational levels and with outside professionals
- Ability to facilitate meetings involving a variety of stakeholders as participants
- Ability to deliver training content to internal and external audiences
- Ability to provide general documentation and graphical data representation
- Ability to perform business process improvement and re-engineering
- Ability to create presentations and deliver them to a variety of audiences
- Ability to perform data analysis
- Ability to perform risk analysis and management
- High degree of competency in the use of MS Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective public speaking
- Strong organizational, communication, and collaborative skills
- Possess a thorough understanding of the software development life cycle and various methodologies.
- Communication and education of all team members on best practices.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) required in a technical or business field and 4 to 8 years of experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Certification (CBAP or CBATL) preferred
- Certified Agile practitioner (ACP or equivalent) preferred
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.