IT Ops Engineer
Junior Dev Ops Engineer
As an integral part of a HighPoint operations team, the Operations Engineer will interact with engineering, analytics, and requirements teams to ensure best in class operation of the customer’s application. A successful candidate will possess highly focused analytical and troubleshooting skills, coupled with the ability to communicate complex ideas and interact effectively with other team membersJOB DESCRIPTION
- Identifies operational problems by observing and studying system functioning and performance results; investigating complaints and
- Provides operational management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating and engineering data and
- Become SME use to aid processes and identify points of failure
- Perform operational tasks - loading files, running JARS
- Automate Operations activities
- Document Operation processes
- Support Monthly Scheduled Maintenance
- Manage communications and data transfers from vendors
- Monitor data processing - Identify, document and troubleshoot issues
- Troubleshoot issue related to file processing and overall
- 3+ years’ experience with systems and IT operations
- 2+ years Solid Linux skills
- 2+ year experience with Monitoring tool like Newrelic, Splunk
- 2+ years writing SQL
- Experience with networking, proxies, DNS
- Experience using Atlassian tools JIRA, Confluence, Bit Bucket
- Self-Driven; take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to drive solutions
- Thrives in their ability to solve complex challenges
- Expert in at least one scripting language
- Good to have experience with Apache NIFI
- Experience with continuous release and DevOps
- Bachelor of Science or Associate Degree in IT or related field
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Reston and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.