Federal Assistance System Training and Support Specialist
HighPoint’s State Assistance Management System (SAMS) team at Department of State (DOS) is looking for qualified IT training instructors to join our program and assist our bureau customers with the delivery of billions of dollars of annual international assistance to non-profit organizations and other recipients.
You will receive training on the DOS SAMS application and DOS federal assistance policies as a part of your orientation.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance – active clearance is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent technical and business writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of Department of State Federal and Federal Assistance processes.
- Software system application background.
- Prior federal government experience.
- IT Training and/or help desk background.
- Expert knowledge of MS Office product suite.
- Serve as an application support specialist providing training to new and existing federal and non-federal users based all around the world.
- Preparing for and facilitating virtual training sessions for a range of different system user roles.
- Answering questions about the SAMS application in training and support desk settings.
- Troubleshooting issues with the software system.
- Developing training resources, supporting communications and change management.
- System configuration and financial integration management.
- conducting testing for new system functionality.
- You will serve as a Subject Matter Expert for Department of State users and members of the public.
- Interact with other Department stakeholders essential to the operations and maintenance of SAMS and associated systems involved in the federal assistance lifecycle.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems or related fields; without a degree three years of related experience is required.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.