The Director of Capture Management will lead the capture process from opportunity identification through positioning, proposal and win. The capture manager devises a strategy for searching out promising new business opportunities and clients and turning those opportunities into new business for the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten years of professional program
- Capture, and/or business development experience;or at least eight to ten years of equivalent combination of education and experience
- Develops and executes capture strategies for individual opportunities, leading the capture team (BD, Operations, Contracts, Finance) in the successful pursuit of that opportunity.
- Understands every aspect of a business opportunity including the scope of the project, how many resources will be needed, the impact on schedules, competitive pricing and budget concerns.
- Recruits teammates/subcontractors to help the company successfully bid on projects.
- Provide leadership and mentoring support as required to the capture team staff.
- Maintains a “pipeline” of short-. mid- and long-term capture opportunities.
- Works with the Chief Growth Officer in the development and implementation of the Corporate Strategic Plan and Individual Account Plans.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the HighPoint customer base, potential customers and competitors.
- Monitors external and internal environment for development of new market segments.
- Maintains current understanding of the competitive environment.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports, mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have experience capturing opportunities valued at $100M+, and formal capture management experience with the Shipley process.
- Proven success managing capture efforts within the Federal Gov't.
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development; including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, assembling and leading a capture team and customer relationship development.
- Knowledge and experience with diverse contract and payment types.
- Working knowledge of the Federal acquisition regulations.
- Ability to turn disparate proposal write-ups into a cohesive and consistently written story.
- Must have exceptional leadership and management skills.
- Must have superior organizational and time-management skills.
- Must be an expert decision-maker with sound judgment.
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills are essential.
- Must be a good delegator and a good multi-tasker.
- Must have strong negotiating skills.
- Must have proficiency MS Office Suites.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of market science components including market data analysis and research and social media.
- Ability to build and manage customer, vendor, and internal team relationships.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of the time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc.
- Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time
- Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area
- The noise level in this environment is low to moderate
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only
- We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role
- Relocation will not be offered
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Reston and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.