HighPoint Inc.’s professionals focus exclusively on helping government agencies and companies implement their most critically strategic initiatives. The role of Project Manager contributes to HighPoint through leadership, project planning, communication management, financial management, stakeholder management, issues and risk management, and scope management.
- Provide exemplary leadership to project team members, stakeholders, sponsors, and by creating a productive and engaged team culture, identifying process improvement opportunities and being accountable to leadership and the client.
- Lead assigned projects to completion by preparing, implementing, monitoring, and updating the project plan.
- Recognize risk and solve project issues through risk and issue management.
- Develop and execute project communication plans to direct project objectives with all stakeholders and provide project executive status.
- Develop and execute project budgets including resource allocation, vendor management, and project budget change control.
- Define and document project goals, requirements, and priorities with management and/or project sponsors. Control and monitor project scope through project close-out.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project objectives to all stakeholders.
- Collect business metrics and assist in project portfolio reporting.
- Manage client meetings by organizing meeting logistics, creating pre-read documents, and providing minutes and action items.
- Support PMO with coordination efforts as needed.
- Knowledge of standard project management processes via PMI.
- Experience with project management tools like MS Project, MS SharePoint, Jira, and Confluence.
- Ability to build effective delivery-focused teams.
- Ability to meet deadlines with supporting client SOW-required reporting.
- Ability to lead complex projects with matrixed teams.
- A minimum of monthly one-on-one sessions with your manager.
- Company-wide yearly trainings required by contract Statement of Work.
- Yearly update of resume to aid in Business Development opportunities.
- Role-specific training
- Contract-specific training
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- At least two years related experience and/or training in project management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, and sitting within the work area.
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate, including talking and hearing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- This position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires contact with others on a daily basis.
- This position will require regular and reliable attendance as established by the supervisor.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment.
- Expected hours of work: 40.
- This position may require additional hours on weekends as needed.
- Travel – up to 20%.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Reston and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.