HighPoint Digital Inc.’s professionals focus exclusively on helping government agencies and companies implement their most critically strategic initiatives. The role of Trainer contributes to HighPoint through the design, development, and maintenance of training materials for job training products.
- Conduct research necessary to develop and revise training courses and prepare appropriate training catalogs.
- Consult and work with subject matter experts and cross-department representatives to implement training products and curriculum.
- Prepare instructor materials that include course outlines, background materials, and training aids.
- Prepare student materials that include course manuals, workbooks, handouts, completion certificates, and course critique forms.
- Conduct formal classroom courses, workshops, and seminars to train personnel.
- Prepare reports and monitor training tasks in support of the goals of the Contractor Program Manager and the government sponsor(s) using common training standards and software and hardware programs, such as modeling, simulation, and prototyping efforts.
- Participate in various activities to ensure effectiveness of training products.
- Develop and/or improve new employee materials as needed.
- Train new employees including writing SOPs and updating documentation.
- Provide input to the Project Lead
- Provide input to the Contractor Program Manager on which decisions for training validation and/or modifications of specified items or systems can be corrected.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of all training deliverables, processes, and procedures.
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills along with sound presentation and facilitation skills.
- Attend team, curriculum, and client meetings as needed.
- Ability to take complex topics and convey in simple, easy-to-understand formats and flow.
- Ability to work as a self-directed learner with minimal supervision.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Excellent presentation skills including verbal and interpersonal.
- Familiar with navigating Microsoft Office.
- Mastery of English including grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
- Customer service-focused approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to coach new employees.
- A minimum of monthly one-on-one sessions with your manager.
- Company-wide yearly trainings required.
- Yearly update of resume to aid in Business Development opportunities.
- Role-specific training.
- Contract-specific training.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university with a minimum of five years of training experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, standing, and sitting within the work area.
- Ability to remain stationary for long periods of time.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those of a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment is that of an office position with minimal to high noise levels.
- This position requires working independently, as well as part of a team.
- This position requires contact with others on a daily basis.
- This position will require regular and reliable attendance as established by the supervisor.
- Frequent use of a computer is necessary.
- This position requires the use of all general office equipment.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Reston and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.