Video Production Specialist
Video Production Specialist
As a Video Production Specialist, you will use your creativity and expertise with modern video production and animation tools to produce compelling video and multimedia products that support the Department of State’s Public Diplomacy efforts. The products you produce will be played on any number of platforms including, broadcast television, internet and mobile phones, and social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. In this dynamic position you can expect to be working on several projects at once, working under strict deadlines and be an active part of a creative team. The ability to effectively pitch ideas, offer creative solutions to problems and think of innovative ways to reach a desired audience will be key to the position.
You will be joining a team-oriented environment.
You will work closely with:
- Talent to prepare them for shoots and to direct them on set to ensure successful filming,
- Stakeholders including high level government officials to ensure the products you produce meet their needs,
- Communication campaign teams and high-level USG officials to understand the initiatives you are supporting, and
- Other members of the production team as you plan and execute your projects.
The projects you work on will vary in length from short, quick turnaround projects which take a few hours, to projects that take several months to complete.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years professional experience as a video production specialist. This experience must include:
- Creating digital-first content designed to optimize social media engagement.
- Developing and pitching creative concepts.
- Developing script, storyboards, outlines and treatments for approval.
- Coordinating production elements including acquisition of content elements, which may include multi-media and interactive elements, as well as the typical gamut of interviews, location shots, b-roll, graphics, music etc.
- Coordinating and directing shoots
- Shooting video
- Editing together footage and assets
- Creating basic motion graphics
- Ability to work closely with team members and clients on project conceptualization and execution.
- Ability to communicate with high level government officials in both formal and informal settings
- Ability to work independently to ensure needed assets for projects are acquired, projects stay on track and remain consistent with the established scope of work and deadlines are met.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once, managing assigned workload and prioritizing deadlines.
- Experience in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Work on projects which vary in length from short, quick turnaround projects which take a few hours, to projects that take several months to complete.
- Import (video) shoot content, convert and tag media as needed with metadata, generate rough cuts and final edits of short form videos including but not limited to promotional materials, PSAs, and 1-3-minute short documentary style pieces.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Reston and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.