SQL Developer and Data Expert
SQL Developer and Data Expert
This position is contingent upon funding for this labor category on the contract.
The Integrated Logistics Management System (ILMS) Analytics team at Department of State (DOS) is looking for a qualified SQL Developer specializing in data analytics and data governance to join our program and assist the Department with the development and maintenance of analytics and reporting solutions related to the delivery of billions of dollars in annual acquisitions, assistance, and logistics services to a range of vendors, recipients, and stakeholders. The successful candidate will provide ongoing technical support for ILMS Production systems including analyzing issues, defining and implementing initial fixes and/or workarounds, designing and implementing permanent solutions, and assisting with any data cleanup efforts. Further, the successful candidate must collaborate with project manager(s), software developer(s), DBAs, and other technical and programmatic stakeholders to ensure full compliance of developed products and solutions with requirements. You will receive training on the ILMS suite of applications and related data governance policies as part of your orientation.
Due to the nature of our Customer, U.S. Citizenship is required, as is the ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret level Security Clearance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- Working knowledge of relational databases (SAP HANA, MySQL, Oracle preferred), ability to read, write, and debug lengthy SQL code.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting & BI tools (Microstrategy, Tableau, PowerBI, and/or Qlik is preferred).
- Experience with data migrations, data cleaning and ETL tools.
- Working knowledge of MS Office product suite. Proficient with Excel.
- Driven individual who delivers outstanding work product through a diligent and independent work ethic, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent technical and business writing.
- Agile, software development lifecycle, support desk or IT service management background.
- Competency working in the virtual office environment with collaboration tools such as SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Google Meet, Webex etc.
- Analyze and optimize query performance to streamline reporting processes
- Liaise with development, functional and customer-facing reporting teams to ensure business needs of clients are met.
- Collaborate in the design and development of reports and data extracts.
- Interact with technical resources to enhance systems integrations in support of external reporting processes and requirements.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Combined six years of relevant experience in SQL development, database analysis, data analytics and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or related fields; without a degree nine years of related experience is required.
HighPoint is a federal government contractor. To ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042, HighPoint requires employees to either (1) show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or (2) have an approved reasonable accommodation, based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, exempting them from the requirement. If selected for this role, you will need to submit documentation of proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.