Lead Production Support
Lead Production Support
HighPoint’s professionals focus on helping government agencies and companies implement their most critically strategic initiatives. The role of Lead Production Support contributes to HighPoint by leading and mentoring staff on daily operational and maintenance activities, configuration changes, disaster recovery preparation and documentation, and resolution of incidents and outages for Data Warehouse jobs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in a Data Warehouse support environment with exposure to database and SQL Service Integration Services (SSIS) Technologies
- Experience partnering with development, Quality Assurance (QA), and release management teams on Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) code development handoff and production release management activities
- Experience with the following technologies: SQL Server 2014 and above, SSIS, Jira, SharePoint 2013, Web Part Development, and .NET (ASP.Net Web Development, C#, JQuery, relational database using SQL Server, Stored Procedures)
- Experience with establishing lean, repeatable, and auditable processes to support data management operations
- Ability to include and work together with cross-functional teams, diverse groups, and individuals at all levels to achieve a common goal; ability to solicit participation and engage teammates and business partners
- Strong problem-solving skills (Lead the team with new technology update and bring up the team up to speed.)
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills
- Proven ability to mentor and develop support team members
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Passion for keeping up to speed with the latest software tools and methodologies
- ETL design experience and strong Structured Query Language (SQL) skills
- The ability to abstract general principles from specifics
- Ability to make clear and consistent decisions using data
- Ability to take initiative and drive toward a desired outcome in a timely and collaborative manner
- Basic understanding of cloud technology and web deployments and PowerApps
- Familiarity with .net office Add-On development (optional)
- Serve as the escalation point for major incidents and representation of the Data Warehouse team to key business stakeholders, partners, and vendors.
- Provide guidance on production support of the Data Warehouse jobs internally to the team. Assign work responsibilities to the production support team.
- Work in a Data Warehouse support environment with exposure to database, SSIS Technologies and SharePoint Lists & Microsoft Flow integation.
- Partner with development, QA and release management teams on ETL code development handoff and production release management activities.
- Work with the following technologies: SQL Server 2014 and above, SSIS, Jira, SharePoint 2013, Web Part Development and .NET, ASP.Net Web Applications, JQuery
- Establish lean, repeatable and auditable processes to support data management operations.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in information systems, information technology, computer science, engineering, mathematics, business, management, or related field.
- Senior software/production-support engineer with at least 8 years of experience successfully managing data warehouse or business intelligence operational tasks
- Relocation will not be offered.
- Please no Corp-to-Corp or 1099 candidates; this position is W-2 only.
- We are unable to sponsor H1B applicants for this role.
- Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation.
HighPoint is a federal government contractor. To ensure compliance with Executive Order 14042, HighPoint requires employees to either (1) show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or (2) have an approved reasonable accommodation, based on a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, exempting them from the requirement. If selected for this role, you will need to submit documentation of proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.