HighPoint is Seeking a highly motivated Video Producer/Editor to create dynamic, "digital- first" video content for the U.S. Department of State. Videos will be shareable on social media, mobile, conferences and live events.
This is a position within a fast-paced environment that includes writing short scripts, editing video and creating engaging graphics to explain and illustrate Department policy to diverse foreign and domestic audiences.
Final schedule will be flexible and there will be approved telework days as a regular part of your schedule.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and be an active, enthusiastic part of a creative team.
- Adobe After Effects, Audition, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Excellent writing skills for preparing scripts. Writing skills are demonstrated in an error-free cover letter, resume and/or portfolio.
- Knowledge of current events, U.S. politics, geopolitics, economics, foreign policy, history, and a nose for news a plus.
- Good independent work skills but also function as part of a team.
- An online portfolio of skilled work is required.
- Engage with a spectrum of clients across the State Department, many of whom are not fluent in video, and walk them through the production process.
- Pitch ideas, create beautiful videos and impact public diplomacy around the globe.
- Create digital-first content as part of integrated strategies using styles and techniques to optimize social media engagement.
- Produce and direct a majority of short-form videos (and some long-form programming) using mixed media - e.g. video, audio, graphics and animation.
- Perform professional non-linear video editing using the Adobe Creative Cloud suite and plugin suites such as Red Giant.
- Exercise editorial judgment for selecting newsworthy or historical footage with an eye toward amplifying the Secretary’s messaging.
- Works with other offices and bureaus such as Regional teams, Copy Desk, Translations and outside contractors to ensure all aspects of a production, logistics and execution are seamless.
- Will occasionally assist in field and studio shoots.
- Comply with Office standards of metadata tagging for distribution on digital platforms.
- An expert knowledge in Adobe Premiere Pro is a must.
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.