Sr. Technical Writer
Sr. Technical Writer
HighPoint professionals focus on helping government agencies and companies implement their most critically strategic initiatives. The role of Sr.Technical Writer contributes to HighPoint by supporting requests from project managers, business analysts, and other internal requests coming in from the TQC technical writing email address or as directed by their Operations Manager. Adheres to all essential functions as listed below.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to look at issues and potential solutions from the end user’s point of view.
- Meets all requested due dates on assigned tasks and goals.
- Immediately reports issues and concerns to assigned manager for mitigation.
- Ability to adhere to CMMI practices and guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to interact with a large stakeholder community
- Proven high proficiency level (expert preferred) using MS Office suite software tools (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerBI).
- Produces high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success and support of the Systems team.
- Gathers information through research, statistical reports and interviews with technical staff to support technical documentation and Systems reporting.
- Assists with maintaining records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for historical purposes and report distribution.
- Mentors and provides guidance to other Technical Writers and maintains latest technical skills for supporting internal teams.
- Documents concise and understandable meeting minutes with action items from internal and external technical meetings and discussions held with our team as well as our customer.
- Translates complex data into user-friendly text for print and electronic publications in weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports containing technical and metrics documentation.
- Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, or storyboards to amplify or clarify publications objectives.
- Responsible for creating clear, understandable documentation that translates complicated technical processes to a target audience.
- Provides support to other Systems teams on an as needed basis which, could include reviewing and editing technical and Security related documents.
- Manage and maintain current level Standard Operating Procedure by working with document owners to ensure the latest revision is maintained in a tracker.
- Research subject matter, and consult with subject matter experts (SMEs), for the purpose of creating accurate and relevant performance support material.
- Review materials from team members for adherence to writing, formatting, and branding standards.
- Works closely with internal and external team members for a successful outcome.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Journalism, Professional Writing or Computer Science or experience in lieu of degree
- Minimum of ten years as a Technical Writer
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.