Demand Planning Analyst
Herschel Supply Company is looking for a Demand Planning Analyst to join our growing organization. Reporting directly to the Director - Demand Planning & Purchasing, the successful candidate will provide business insight and analytical support to key stakeholders throughout the organization. The Demand Planning Analyst will help improve decision making by highlighting the financial impacts, risks, and benefits of demand planning and purchasing best practices. The Demand Planning Analyst will develop and recommend solutions and strategies associated with an effective operation in the buying and demand planning process.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Our workplace is a dynamic, supportive, and entrepreneurial in spirit, and we pride ourselves on being a collaborative, open-minded, and imaginative team.
On a day-to-day basis, the Demand Planning Analyst will:
- Work with the Demand Planning & Purchasing Team, Sales Team, and Financial Analysts (FP&A Team) to present forecasts to multiple internal departments
- Roll out a quarterly forecast tool to international distributors and consolidating results, evaluate the impact of operational delays on financial targets
- Create & maintain reports and dashboards
- Analyze sales information to identify trends and opportunities, planned production to demand analysis and product life cycle management
- Work with all teams (Sales, Product, Manufacturing Operations) to tie together the Forecasting and Product Analysis to perform calculated risk to potential seasonal purchases
- Ensure adherence to standard purchasing policies and best practices.
- Will include purchasing functions when needed
- Monitor sell through to establish appropriate safety stock and replenishment plans for all business segments.
- Perform consolidated gap analysis on initial forecasted plan vs actual.
- Perform industry or business research to identify best practices and/or identify risks.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports and analysis for management as required.
- A Bachelor's degree and/or Diploma in Operations, Supply Chain
- 2+ years of Demand Planning, Inventory Allocation Management, or Data Analysis experience
- Advanced Excel skills, including experience with pivot tables and lookup functions
- Superior analytical and critical thinking capabilities
- An effective communicator, comfortable interacting with multiple stakeholders throughout the organization
- High attention to detail and someone who enjoys digging into data
- A strong business acumen, with problem-solving and decision-making ability
- Effective working as part of a team or individually
- Prior experience working in the retail industry
- Knowledge of VBA programming, macros, and Tableau software or other BI Tools.
- Experience working with databases and knowledge of SQL programming language