Senior Director, Incident Response & Threat
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cyber security products and services to enterprise organizations. We have been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative cybersecurity leaders, and excel in complex, multi-technology environments.
Do you thrive in agile, fast-paced environments?
Are you passionate about protecting company and client information?
Are you one to step up to challenges?
Do you have what it takes to work for a shark?
If so, APPLY TODAY
Are you a strategic minded and empowering leader with expertise in Incident Response and Threat management? If so, this may be the role for you.
The Senior Director, Incident Response & Threat at Herjavec Group will report to the Global VP, Managed Security Services and lead, grow and refine the global IR and threat management practices. The Senior Director will be a confident and collaborative leader in IR and Threat and will be highly skilled in incident commanding, coordination and team management. As a highly skilled leader, the Senior Director will flourish on commanding and managing complex IR security incidents and Threat Management.
The Senior Director will respond to major security incidents, as the lead commander and coordinator. As a primary interface to customers in crisis, the Senior Director will have exceptional communication and organizational skills to support the efficient and smooth handling of incidents. The Senior Director will be comfortable with confidently communicating with C- level executives, legal counsel, Human Resources, insurance providers and other stakeholders.
The Senior Director, IR and Threat will manage an experienced and agile team of IR, Forensic & Threat professionals.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Commanding, managing and coordinating complex Incident Responses
- Scoping new Incident Responses
- Manage the day to day of the IR team
- Facilitate and actively encourage a positive and motivating team environment enabling performance excellence
- Assess toolset and processes used within the IR delivery, making suggestions and improvements where required
- Grow the IR business and assist in cross selling post-IR
- Managing project delivery teams or individuals as may be required
- Critical analysis of existing Herjavec Group processes in order to facilitate the scalability of company operations
- Travel to Herjavec Group offices and customer sites throughout North America as required*
Desired Skills and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or relevant security up-to-date certificates and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in IR or CIRT team
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts, including security operations, blue teaming, red teaming, CIRT processes and Forensic investigations
- Must have proficient knowledge and experience with the following:
- Technical information security controls
- SIEM (Security Information and Event Management)
- Data acquisition, forensic & IR best practices and forensic imaging tools
- Threat management, threat intel & MITRE attack
- Vulnerability scanning & management
- Experienced and proficient in UNIUX/Linux and/or Regular Expressions
- Security Operations Centre/Information Protection Centre/Computer Incident Response Centre
- VPN communication protocols
- Endpoint protection/Malware protection
- OSCP, GCIH & GCFA desirable
- Excellent communications skills (active listening, written, oral)
- Strong Client facing communication skills
- A positive and constructive thought leader capable of empowering the IR team
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Astute, proactive, and excellent work ethos
*Please note inter office and client on site visits are currently paused and only permissible when deemed essential in meeting the demand of our clients and business.
Why Herjavec Group?
Our organization is agile and adaptive, supporting and encouraging ambition, the pace of your career is completely in your control.
Accelerate your Cyber Security career
Your learning pace at is rapid and you will be exposed to all areas of the security domain, as our projects are varied both in nature, size, and location. You could be running a security health check, implementing the latest end user security solution or working with the client’s management team to develop a 3-year security strategy. You will be working in a team that contains subject matter experts who have spent a lifetime working in Cyber Security across the world.
Culture for the next generation
The general culture at Herjavec Group is to promote talent from within, so we encourage personal development via training, mentoring and time from senior management to build our capabilities with our team. We embrace flexible working, and regular team building days and socials.
Finally, we are passionate about IT Security and technology. The technology world is evolving rapidly, and we hope to show you how our team embraces technology change and turns it into successful solutions that solve complex business problems.
We work hard with integrity, but recognize success is a team effort where each of us supports others. It is important that we enjoy what we do.
What We Look for:
Motivated to accelerate your career
You have genuine interests in Technology, and are eager to take control of your career and super charge it in the world of IT Security
You have the ability to communicate effectively with people of different backgrounds to you. Both in written and verbal communication, you provide a clear impact that is understood.
Work with Integrity
We work to the best of our ability in an ethical manner, adhere to processes and regulations, and challenge anything that you believe to be unethical.
You embrace new technology and ways of working. Curious about how new technology can be used to solve business problems.
Contribution and Collaboration
Be a strong team player, support others within your team, and share your knowledge within the organization.
Career Development and Training
At Herjavec Group, we provide support to help you along your career path, ensuring you remain in control of your professional and personal development. This is important to use that you feel confident in your day-to-day activities and you reach your full potential.
Employee peer support
We employ official mentor schemes for junior members of staff to help them learn about the organization and work effectively in their role. There are collaboration groups for knowledge sharing and developing alternative professional interests.
We encourage obtaining professional qualifications and accreditations. These qualifications are great for your professional development, client assurance they are dealing with a trained professional and good confirmation of your new skills.
We have extensive product and technology training courses that we use for internal and external training. Our training provides in-depth real life training modules that ensure you are fully enabled to excel in your role.