Senior Security Consultant, Assessment & Testing
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cyber security products and services to enterprise organizations. We have been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative cybersecurity operations leaders, and excel in complex, multi-technology environments.
Do you thrive in agile, fast-paced environments?
Are you passionate about protecting company and client information?
Are you one to step up to challenges?
Do you have what it takes to work for a shark?
If so, APPLY TODAY
A successful Red Team consultant should possess a deep understanding of both information security and computer science. They should understand basic concepts such as networking, applications, and operating system functionality and be able to learn advanced concepts such as application manipulation, exploit development, and stealthy operations A typical job could be breaking into a segmented secure zone at a Fortune 500 bank, reverse engineering an application and encryption method in order to gain access to sensitive data, all without being detected.
We help our clients protect their most sensitive and valuable data through comprehensive and real world scenario testing. The objective doesn’t end at gaining “domain admin” or “root”; this is expected and is only a starting point.
- Perform network penetration, web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, threat analysis, wireless network assessments, and social-engineering assessments
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Effectively communicate findings and strategy to client stakeholders including technical staff, executive leadership, and legal counsel
- Recognize and safely utilize attacker tools, tactics, and procedures
- Develop scripts, tools, or methodologies to enhance Herjavec Group’s red teaming processes
- Assist with scoping prospective engagements, leading engagements from kickoff through remediation, and mentoring less experienced staff
- 1-5 years' experience in at least three of the following:
- Network penetration testing and manipulation of network infrastructure
- Mobile and/or web application assessments
- Email, phone, or physical social-engineering assessments
- Shell scripting or automation of simple tasks using Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Developing, extending, or modifying exploits, shellcode or exploit tools
- Developing applications in C#, ASP, .NET, ObjectiveC, Go, or Java (J2EE)
- Reverse engineering malware, data obfuscators, or ciphers
- Source code review for control flow and security flaws
- Strong knowledge of tools used for wireless, web application, and network security testing
- Thorough understanding of network protocols, data on the wire, and covert channels
- Mastery of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including bash and Powershell
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external)
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks, and lead junior staff when required