Endpoint Security Engineer
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cyber security products and services to enterprise organizations. We have been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative cybersecurity operations leaders, and excel in complex, multi-technology environments.
Do you thrive in agile, fast-paced environments?
Are you passionate about protecting company and client information?
Are you one to step up to challenges?
Do you have what it takes to work for a shark?
If so, APPLY TODAY
The focus for an Endpoint Security Engineer is management and administration of enterprise endpoint security technologies. The scope will vary from managing a McAfee endpoint suite of products to scripting and automation. The Endpoint Security Systems Engineer works closely with the Senior Technical Services Lead to provide support and assistance on endpoint security matters. Most work is scheduled and delivered in a given time frame. The Endpoint Security Engineer will have excellent working relationships with HG team members.
- Execute highly technical changes and client requests in a timely fashion respecting change windows, and client requests
- Ensure the completion of tasks and update tickets accordingly
- Utilize tools and analytical skills to investigate root cause of issues across McAfee and other endpoint security solution
- Document investigations and provide solution recommendations
- Fulfill Senior Technical Service Leader (STSL) or client requested tasks
- Schedule and run regular technical change requests (i.e. policy modifications, signature updates, security patches, major software releases)
- Enhance existing policies and configurations of client technologies
- Work closely with Threat Analyst/Hunter to improve proactive defense posture
- Work closely with SIEM Engineer to improve SOC alerting
- Utilize best practice to test, pilot, and rollout enterprise level changes
- Provide overall guidance, instruction and leadership to SOC analysts
- Provide mentorship and guidance to SOC analysts as needed regarding endpoint security technologies
- Engage in knowledge sharing with analysts
- Provide major component infrastructure support
- Conduct Health Checks for endpoint security technologies
- Triage security infrastructure or enterprise failures as well as re-configurations
- Open and follow-up on tickets with 3rd party vendors
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues/trends and competitive endpoint products
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current managed endpoint technologies
- Improve technical understanding of all managed technologies
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing, and establish a cooperative working relationship with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security and/or equivalent work experience
- Current certifications for relevant security technologies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT security field
- Strong understanding of IT Security concepts, best practices, and market direction
- Experience in security/operational network architecture design
- Possesses proficient to expert knowledge and experience with McAfee Endpoint technologies
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Strong Microsoft skillset across various server and workstation operating systems
- Proficient with at least one Linux operating system
- Networking – VLAN, WAN, LAN, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Firewalls, IPS, VPN etc.
- Excellent communications skills
- Exceptional Time Management and organizational skills
- A positive and constructive minded team player
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications such as Security+
- Holds certifications in McAfee products
- Security threat and attack countermeasures experience
- Ability to conduct forensic analytical studies and investigations
- Ability to script in one or more languages (i.e. VBScript, or Python)