Strategic Services Consultant, IR
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cyber security products and services to enterprise organizations. We have been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative cybersecurity operations leaders, and excel in complex, multi-technology environments.
Do you thrive in agile, fast-paced environments?
Are you passionate about protecting company and client information?
Are you one to step up to challenges?
Do you have what it takes to work for a shark?
If so, APPLY TODAY
The Incident Response Strategic Consultant will report to the Managing Director of Incident Response. The Strategic Consultant is a highly skilled and experienced consultant with a focus on designing incident response plans and delivering tabletop exercises. The consultant will be responsible for developing and improving incident response processes, tools, and capabilities for our customers.
The Consultant will respond to customers’ requests in designing, reviewing, and/or creating Incident Response Plans in accordance with best practices and following internationally recognized frameworks including NIST and ISO. The Consultant may be required to draw technical experience from the Incident Response team to support customers while developing and testing Incident Response plans.
The Consultant will evaluate, develop, select, document and implement tools, processes, and methods to continuously improve the Incident Response service.
The Consultant will engage, support, and promote all Herjavec Group teams and services, and maintain a positive relationship with sales teams to support customers with appropriate technical controls and consulting services.
- Provide guidance on building and/or maturing information security programs and the implementation of processes, plans, tools, and technologies used for enterprise security
- Assess customers’ existing capability in collecting, analyzing, escalating, and responding to cyber-attacks and assist in maturing overall cyber security and response program
- Deliver all client-related aspects of short and long-term strategic consulting and solutions engagements
- Identify and implement improvements to Herjavec Group’s business processes, methodologies, and client communication methods
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology or related technical discipline
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of professional information security experience
- Highly motivated individual with ability to self-task and deliver results
- Servicing cyber security consulting engagements and providing written and oral presentations
- Basic understanding of security frameworks, such as ISO 27001, NIST 800-53, HIPAA/HITECH, or PCI DSS
- Basic understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Linux and network equipment
- Basic understanding of the components that comprise a successful information security program
The following will be considered an asset:
- Certifications such as CISSP, or ITIL
- Working knowledge of NIST frameworks, specifically SP800-61r2
- Knowledge of ISO information security standard families, particularly ISO 27001 and 27002
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Experience in a CIRT environment
- Experience as a project manager
- Ability to successfully interface with clients and manage expectations
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a clear and concise manner
- A positive and constructive minded team player
- Team player with ability to work autonomously