Security Engineer, Network Security
Dynamic IT entrepreneur Robert Herjavec founded Herjavec Group in 2003 to provide cyber security products and services to enterprise organizations. We have been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative cybersecurity operations leaders, and excel in complex, multi-technology environments.
Do you thrive in agile, fast-paced environments?
Are you passionate about protecting company and client information?
Are you one to step up to challenges?
Do you have what it takes to work for a shark?
If so, APPLY TODAY
- Execute highly technical changes, change windows, and client requests
- Ensure the completion of tasks and update tickets accordingly
- Utilize tools and analytical skills to investigate root cause of issues across the technologies
- Document the investigation and provide solution recommendations
- Fulfill Technical Account Manager (TAM) or client requested tasks
- Schedule and run regular technical changes (ie. signature updates, security patches, major software releases)
- Improve upon existing policies and configurations of client technologies
- Provide overall guidance, instruction and leadership to SOC analysts
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other SOC analysts regarding technologies
- Engage in knowledge sharing with other analysts
- Providing major component infrastructure support
- Conduct Health Checks for non-SIEM technologies
- Dealing with infrastructure or enterprise failures or re-configurations
- Opening and following up on tickets with 3rd party vendors
- Maintain current knowledge on industry issues/trends and competitive products
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of current managed technologies
- Improve technical understanding of all managed technologies.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing and establish a cooperative working relationship with persons contacted in the course of performing assigned duties.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College Diploma or University Degree in Information Security or relevant security up-to-date certificates and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT security field
- Strong understanding of Network Security, best practices, and market direction
- Have experience in security/operational network architecture design
- Familiarity with and taken part of CAB process
- Strong troubleshooting, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Networking – VLAN, WAN, LAN, Routers, Switches, Access Points, Firewalls, IPS, VPN etc.
- Excellent communications skills
- Exceptional Time Management and organizational skills
- A positive and constructive minded team player
The following will be considered an asset:
- Holds certifications in Palo Alto, Cisco, FortiGate, CheckPoint and McAfee products
- Holds certifications such as Security+
- Security threat and attack countermeasures
- Ability to conduct forensic analytical studies and investigations