Development Technologist, R&D EMEA
Development Technologist, R&D EMEA
12 – Month FTC
At Herbalife Nutrition, we are currently looking for a Development Technologist. The Technologist will be front and centre in the development of bench samples and scale up tests for all new formulas to confirm they are ready for pilot production. With previous laboratory experience, we are seeking a technologist with Food and Beverage industry experience who is both able to work hands on, but also lead projects where necessary.
We are seeking someone to conduct bench top testing for pre-commercialization operation support and will coordinate with the relevant Contract Manufacture, Purchasing and Tech Ops to ensure a proper scale up. They will also be responsible for identifying and making prototype samples to support HLF’s innovation programme. The job also entails sensory support testing such as organoleptic evaluations, cuttings, employee testing…etc. The job holder displays the attitude reflective of a high performer; positive, proactive, productive, focused and informed.
- Conduct bench size lab scale up and stability testing for pilot readiness.
- Creation of product prototypes
- Liaising with flavour houses and other suppliers to initiate and manage cost saving and/or product improvement projects
- Track and monitor test results and coordinate with the relevant Contract Manufacturer and Operations for any issues.
- On occasion, conduct and/or oversee creation of GMP batches for sensory testing
- Ensure pilot and bench sample are evaluated to confirm they match Sensory profile.
- Conduct bench trials to support cost savings, dual sourcing and other operations support for post commercialized batches.
- Conduct Sensory evaluations such as organoleptics, cuttings, employee testing to ensure success of bench to pilot scale up.
- Reformulate or revise current formulas, under guidance from Laboratory Manager.
- Autonomously maintain laboratory and equipment in a clean, organized, safe, accurate, and operable condition including calibration/maintenance schedule.
- Ensure that all ingredients are properly placed in inventory, and that stock is held at 100% and within Shelf Life.
- Undertake training required to expand and enhance own capabilities
- Perform other related duties as required.
What we need from you:
- Related industry experience, specifically in the pharmaceutical, foods or food supplement industries
- Good understanding of raw material function/product shelf life and general sample testing.
- Ability to create kitchen/bench samples of a wide range of product formats, such as powdered beverages, soups, bars, baked goods, etc
- Ability to use sensory data and ingredient manipulation to create optimized flavour profiles at competitive recipe costs
- Understanding of mathematical and scientific principles and encompass a variety of laboratory duties ranging from maintaining the laboratory workplace to assembly of formulas.
- Good understanding of principles of food safety
- Good understanding of the principles of food manufacture that includes Powders, Tablets, Hard Gel Capsules, Bars and Beverages
- General knowledge of product life cycle.
Herbalife offers competitive salaries, company pension, holiday pay, discount on Herbalife products, service award scheme, free nutritional shakes at work, and much more.
About Herbalife Nutrition Ltd.
Herbalife Nutrition is a global company that has been changing people's lives with great nutrition products and a proven business opportunity for its independent distributors since 1980. The Company offers high-quality, science-backed products, sold in over 90 countries by entrepreneurial distributors who provide one-on-one coaching and a supportive community that inspires their customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle. Through the Company’s global campaign to eradicate hunger, Herbalife Nutrition is also committed to bringing nutrition and education to communities around the world.
For more information, please visit IAmHerbalifeNutrition.com