Scientist, Scientific Affairs - EMEA (temporary contract)
Scientist, Scientific Affairs - EMEA
Herbalife Nutrition GBSC Krakow
About the role:
In this position you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and scientific integrity of food products, ingredients and product-related materials for the EMEA markets, with specific responsibility for ensuring that all product claims are scientifically substantiated and meet regulatory requirements within the EU and other EMEA markets.
In this role you will:
- Develop food safety dossiers and scientific substantiation for products sold in EMEA markets;
- Prepare written reports to support the scientific substantiation of product and ingredients safety and claims;
- Provide technical knowledge to support internal stakeholders in order to deliver accurate and innovative product-related materials;
- Communicates critical issues to line management and other relevant parties in a timely manner, including a proposed solution or set of possible solutions;
- Reports project statuses to line manager on a weekly basis, through meetings or reporting, as necessary.
- Bachelors or master's degree in biochemistry, nutrition, food science, biology, chemistry or related field.
- Previous industry or work related experience ideally in the field of scientific claims support for food (including food supplements);
- Proven track record in evaluation of scientific literature and communication of scientific / regulatory information to both specialist and non-technical functions;
- Ability to network with internal stakeholders;
- Autonomous approach;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multitask;
- Previous industry or work related experience ideally in the field of scientific claims support for food products and botanical ingredients (including food supplements);
- PhD degree in biochemistry, nutrition, food science, biology, chemistry or related field;
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant EU legislation and national laws on products claims substantiation for food (including supplements) and ideally cosmetics;
- Ideally experience of successful applications for Health Claims (article 13.5 or 14 claims) within the EU;
- Experience with the development and submission of scientific dossiers to support product rationales, notifications, registrations, etc.
- Company laptop;
- Working from Home possibilities;
- Personal development opportunities;
- International environment;
- Attractive salary, bonuses and benefits package including Luxmed VIP medical package, MyBenefit System (Multisport or Cafeteria), private insurance, entertainment events and many others;
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment with Herbalife food, drinks and game corner;
- No dress code;
- Flexible working hours;
- Chance to share your ideas and continuously improve our processes;
- Opportunity to build up your expertise through coaching, soft skills and training sessions.
Herbalife is a global nutrition company that has helped people pursue a healthy, active life since 1980. Our nutrition, weight-management and personal care products are available exclusively to and through dedicated independent Members in more than 90 countries.
Our company offers a culture focused on your career to help you expand your talents and a chance to change lives: https://iamherbalifenutrition.com/.
For 40 years, we've known that good nutrition leads to a better life. If you're ready to help us on our mission for nutrition, we want to hear from you today.
How To Apply
If you want to be part of a business that values people as individuals as well as inspires and motivates its employees to succeed and expand their talents please apply via the link below: