Senior Manager, Government Affairs
Who are we?
Herbalife Nutrition is a global nutrition company offering high-quality, science-backed products sold in over 96 countries by entrepreneurial distributors who provide one-on-one coaching and a supportive community that inspires their customers to embrace a healthier, more active lifestyle. We offer weight-management, nutrition, and personal care products that can be personalized with the help of an educated and trained distributor. Listed on the New York Stock Exchange since December 2004, Herbalife Nutrition Ltd., today managed by John O. Agwunobi, has become one of the world's leading direct selling companies, with net sales of US$ 5.5 billion in 2020. Herbalife Nutrition is heavily invested in the EU and is committed to operating its business in a socially responsible manner, incorporating social impact, environmental stewardship and transparent governance practices throughout its operations.
We are looking for our Belgian entity in Brussels:
« A Senior Manager, Government Affairs EU»
In these missions, our future Senior Manager will be in charge of:
- Increasing knowledge of the company, its operational culture, its key objectives, its products, and the pivotal role of its independent distributors among key stakeholders and effectively promoting and defending the company’s interests;
- Assuming principal responsibility for interfacing with the EU institutions and related trade associations and thought leadership groups, as part of the overall EMEA Government Affairs business strategy;
- Developing relationships with EU and Member State decision-makers, enhancing corporate reputation through direct contact and representation of corporate positions;
- Providing detailed political assessments of the commercial, scientific, regulatory, legal implications of proposed EU regulation & legislation specifically in relation to relevant food law and sustainability policies. Discuss these with the EU GA Director and devise and implement strategies to protect and advance the company’s interests. Identify and capitalize upon opportunities to influence legislative policy development;
- Building new and maintain existing high-level contact with both European and international organizations;
- In association with Herbalife Nutrition colleagues, representing the company on the board and in working groups of professional and trade associations covering direct selling, food supplements, food law and food/scientific technology groups and other relevant business organizations, agreed as part of the business plan. Foster good industry relationships to align industry positions with those of the company. Build industry alliances to further promote the company’s business and to strengthen the effectiveness and advocacy work of targeted national trade associations;
- Proactively collaborating with other functional departments to resolve legal, technical, scientific, regulatory or policy queries surrounding external issues;
- Ensuring effective communication with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Providing regular weekly briefing reports to internal management at EMEA and country level, distilling complex regulatory and legislative issues into clear, concise business messages;
- Taking an active role in assuming projects on an individual and team basis in support of specific departmental and corporate objectives. Provide support for the Global Corporate Affairs Team operating regionally and globally;
- Sharing responsibility and accountability for identified sections of annual departmental budget.
- A Master degree preferably in European politics or European law, you have a successful experience of minimum 7 years of advocating for business, nutrition and/or sustainability policy developments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including fluent English - other EU languages are an asset
- Sound analytical, conceptual and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver against time-sensitive deadlines amid conflicting demands
- Commitment to achieve excellence, results oriented with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently, analyze complex problems and drive initiatives
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels with sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Ability to function as an effective team member
If you plan to invest in the long term and wish to be part of a dynamic company that values and motivates its employees, please send us your application [email protected]