Medical Science Liaisons are field-based scientific partners to thought leaders, healthcare practitioners and researchers. They execute key Helsinn medical strategies and engage in peer-to-peer scientific exchange to positively impact patients in specific therapeutic areas across the product lifecycle.
- Identify, develop, and maintain peer-to-peer relationships with thought leaders, healthcare practitioners and researchers.
- Engage in scientific dialogue with clinically relevant messages.
- Provide effective clinical presentations and tailors approved presentations to meet specific audience needs.
- Provide on-label and reactive scientific information upon request for medical inquiries and support pharmacovigilance.
- Identify disease state and product speakers for promotional programs and provide training.
- Assess feasibility of investigator research concepts and serve as primary point of contact for investigator-initiated trials from inception to publication.
- Identify appropriate sites for company sponsored research and provide support for investigators and site research staff from study initiation through closure.
- Assist in the planning and execution of advisory boards and other programs.
- Research, edit and write scientific communication and administrative reports, as needed.
- Attend and collect key medical insights at relevant local, regional, national, and international congresses.
- Serve as a scientific resource and educator to internal stakeholders.
- Develop, implement, and present to management territory plans for tactical execution of Medical and Scientific Affairs strategy.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth scientific knowledge of disease states and products in Helsinn areas of focus.
- Effectively partner with others and participate in cross-functional projects, initiatives, meetings, and workstreams with internal stakeholders.
- Maintain integrity and full compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations, industry guidelines and company SOPs
work experience requirements
- Minimum of 2 years in a Medical Science Liaison (MSL) role or relevant clinical and/or scientific practice setting is required; consideration will be made with comparable experience in research and/or pharmaceutical experience.
- Industry, clinical and/or research expertise in oncology therapeutics and/or supportive care is preferred
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships with healthcare, scientific and/or industry colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to understand and respond to multiple external and internal customer demands and critical thinking skills to navigate difficult situations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Expertise in interpretation and application of published medical and technical scientific literature
- Good judgment and self-awareness choosing appropriate behaviors and responses
- Flexible to new opportunities and adaptable to organizational change
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Working knowledge of US legal, regulatory and compliance regulations and guidelines relevant to pharmaceutical industry interactions with healthcare professionals and key decision makers.
- Doctorate or professional/advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, Doctor of Nursing Practice, etc.) in health sciences is required
- Residency, fellowship, or post-doctoral work preferred