The Field Engineer will be responsible for guiding customers through the process of implementing HeartFlow’s solutions in their hospital/clinical environment. This person will need a deep understanding of hospital networks, protocols and interfaces, as well as the risks and concerns related to patient privacy and data protection.
The Field Engineer will work with clinical and engineering resources onsite to deploy solutions that work within the existing infrastructure and workflow, and overcome technical, procedural and political obstacles that arise. Once solutions are implemented, the field engineer assists Customer Support and the Technology teams in troubleshooting and alleviating customer issues.
The Field Engineer is also responsible for collaborating closely with the technology, security and regulatory teams to influence the roadmap of future technical solutions. Information on feature requests, workarounds, undiscovered bugs and the varied infrastructures of different institutions are vital to HeartFlow’s customer centric focus.
- Guide HeartFlow’s customers through the process of implementing our unique SAAS non-invasive diagnostic technology.
- Be a customer resource for information on HeartFlow’s technology, network protocols, security and data protections associated with transfer of medical imaging data over the Internet.
- Help HeartFlow gain worldwide adoption of our novel FFRCT product by providing knowledgeable responses to customer inquiries and issues.
- Contribute to high-performing, global Field Engineering team by sharing new information and leveraging group wisdom
- Demonstrate discipline to work independently
- Provide prompt documentation and complete resolution of reported issues and help manage knowledge base for customer issues.
- Deliver customer feedback into HeartFlow’s Customer Relationship Management system and help team members analyze and distill data to drive improvements in technology.
- Positive, professional personality, comfortable in front of groups/customers
- Responsible, accountable, and ability to work well within teams and cross-functionally
- Comfortable in high pressure situations, and ability to assess priorities
- Healthcare IT - Working knowledge of EMR, Clinical workflows, PACS, DICOM, HIPAA requirements and PHI protections
- Technical skills required
- Networking – demonstrated experience troubleshooting IP, routing, connectivity, and latency issues.
- Security – Understanding of data protection, encryption. Knowledge of web services, certificates
- Linux – experience shell scripting, troubleshooting, services, logs
- VMware – Experience deploying and troubleshooting VMs, working knowledge of ESX features
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- B.Eng or B.S. in Computer Science preferred
- 2+ years working in Linux environment
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies required
- Experience supporting large-scale websites and/or web-based products
- 2+ years’ experience working in the health care industry
- Demonstrated customer facing skills
Special Working Conditions:
- This position will be remote, with several weeks required training and quarterly visits to headquarters in Redwood City, CA
- The responsibilities of this position sometimes require working evenings and weekends, with little advance notice
- Required to be on call 24/7 as needed
- Travel to customer locations (up to 60-80%)
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.