This position is for a collaborative and hands-on individual to lead our Austin and Redwood City teams as the Director of Production. Proven success leading large teams, driving operational efficiency initiatives and developing people required. The primary responsibilities will be the management of a team of 100+ Case Analysts, as well as leading operational efficiency initiatives, scheduling and establishing people development plans. This leadership role requires a blend of hands-on contributions as well as the management of others to ensure we maintain our high service quality standards and productivity goals. The Director of Production will also be responsible for fostering the development and growth of team members, coordinating projects, and working with team members to establish and achieve goals.
HeartFlow’s Case Analysts are highly trained specialists that create 3D models of patients’ coronary arteries using our internally developed software for physicians’ use. Our Production team supports hospitals, physicians, and emergency room patients in countries around the world 24/7/365. This position will require flexibility and a willingness to occasionally work non-traditional hours, including weekends, in order to coach, mentor, and lead team members across all shifts. This position will require traveling between sites.
- Manage the Team to ensure the accurate and timely processing of incoming patient cases.
- Maintain team compliance to the documented Quality Management System and all quality policies and programs. Ensure all SOP’s, WI’s are followed. Work with the team and others to address changes and challenges as appropriate.
- Monitor, address and report key performance metrics with the teams and others in the Austin and Redwood City offices.
- Manage and execute plans for continuous improvement projects and related initiatives to enhance our system, process and people activities. Develop workflow processes for productivity, scalability, and efficiency.
- Work with Team Leads and Analysts to establish and work towards goals relevant to the individuals desired career path. Collaborate with Human Resources and company stakeholders to help facilitate coaching and mentorship for individuals on the team when appropriate.
- Reward and recognize achievements and coach through challenges.
- Plan work and direct personnel to achieve objectives. Foster development, teamwork, and professional growth of the individuals on the team.
- Work closely with others in the Austin and Redwood City offices outside of the direct reporting line to ensure patient, customer and employee needs are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner. Such groups include Regulatory, Technology, Security, Human Resources, Corporate IT, Finance and others as appropriate.
- Establish, staff, adjust and communicate employee shift schedules to achieve a 24x7 operating schedule.
- Support product development efforts by providing user requirements and assisting with defect identification and validation testing as needed.
- Work to ensure a smooth transition of new product updates for the Production team.
- Active participation in recruiting activities including onsite interviews to continue to ensure the selection of the very best employees at HeartFlow.
- Oversee the Austin overall facilities requirements, providing long-term vision and planning for physical facilities, and office and IT needs.
- Effective leadership and management ability. Able to motivate and coach a diverse team into high performance teams.
- Proven understanding of Quality Management Systems in a medical device or pharmaceutical environment.
- Demonstrated discipline and rigor in a production environment with a track-record of successfully implementing process improvement projects that enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of systems, processes and people activities.
- Experience in driving results through individual and group performance.
- Ability and desire to blend hands-on contributions with the management of others to ensure we maintain our high service quality standards and productivity goals.
- Highly motivated to produce high quality work with demonstrated ability to learn quickly and find practical solutions.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Self-starter, highly organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to efficiently organize tasks and work on multiple projects.
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Previous experience in leadership positions at people-dependent service, healthcare related company or provider, or manufacturing companies.
- Hands-on process re-engineering experience is required.
- Lean Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- An understanding of CT data, software development processes and cloud based applications is a plus.
- B.S. required.
- M.B.A., management consulting experience and/or degree in a scientific or technical field is a plus.
- 25%-50% traveling.