Vice President, Engineering
HeartFlow is a revolutionary medical software company providing first in class technology to aid in the detection of coronary artery disease.
HeartFlow has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a VP of Engineering. The successful candidate will be a high performing individual and will lead the end-to-end management of highly complex software engineering projects within the HeartFlow Technology organization. This position will be responsible for designing, planning, executing, and delivering projects, as well as managing the engineering team. As a hands-on leader in the Technology organization, the candidate will be accountable for analysis, architecture, development, optimization, deployment, support and maintenance of HeartFlow software and services. This individual will be responsible for setting strategic directions in technology and the processes that support rapid development, product release and ensure high quality software. In addition, this person will represent technology internally between departments and externally with customers, partners, key opinion leaders and the broader technology community.
This position is located at HeartFlow’s headquarter in the beautiful Pacific Shores campus in Redwood City, CA and reports to Charley Taylor, Founder and CTO.
- Perform strategic planning, coordination of a roadmap, development, construction, and implementation plan to address the software and services requirements of the organization.
- Build, lead and manage a team of software engineers, system engineers, test engineers and program managers to enable the business to deliver a high-quality service to its customers.
- Coordinate across Technology teams to ensure project milestones are met.
- Plan, schedule, prioritize and manage assignments for team members.
- Evolve HeartFlow platform and services, workstation, and solver architecture to meet current and future needs.
- Drive organizational change and optimization initiatives.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality technology solutions on time and on budget.
- Influence technical direction with partners and clients.
- Collaborate with product management to understand business strategies and product requirements.
- Collaborate with research and development to ensure scientific efforts are integrated into product development efforts.
- Collaborate with information security team to ensure best practices for secure software development are followed and products and services meet business cybersecurity requirements.
- Collaborate with Regulatory Affairs to document software, systems and processes to gain and retain worldwide regulatory approval to market and sell products.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet aggressive deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with cloud and web services
- Expert level programmer
- Strong technical and platform knowledge
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- Eng., B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science
- 15+ years software engineering experience
- 5+ years managing software design & development teams
- 5+ years of experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.