Senior Software Engineer - C++ for Medical Image Analysis and Shape Modeling
HeartFlow is a Software as a Service (SaaS) medical device company that is revolutionizing the treatment of coronary artery disease. Come and join our world-class engineering team in the development of the next generation of our algorithms!
The ‘Scientific and High-Performance Toolkits’ Group
Software Engineers in the “Scientific Toolkits & High Performance Algorithms” group are embedded within R&D Scrum teams. They work alongside world-class Research Scientists, Engineers in Test and Process Engineers to deliver a variety of software components, including:
- Image analysis algorithms (image classification, segmentation, registration)
- 3D modeling and geometry processing
- Interactive tools and 2D/3D visualization
- Computational fluid dynamics simulation
You will be a key player bringing advanced experience in image analysis and geometric modeling. This position is essential to building, improving and delivering the advanced tools and algorithms needed by our Research and Development teams.
You will be responsible for:
- Software design, implementation and validation of algorithms for image analysis and geometry modeling
- Development of machine learning toolkits: data augmentation, data converters, pre- and post-processing
- Development of scientific toolkits: statistical toolbox, monitoring of algorithmic components
- Algorithmic and code optimization
- Advanced industry experience in the development of image analysis / computer vision solutions such as image classification, segmentation or registration algorithms
- Experience with 3D computational geometry and shape models
- Advanced knowledge of C++-11
- Python for general scripting and testing purposes
- Software development best practices and agile methodologies
- Unit, Functional, and Black Box testing of software applications
Valued Skills and Experience
- Experience with medical image analysis
- Experience with high-performance development: OpenMP, CUDA, SSE
- Experience with Deep Learning frameworks (TensorFlow)
- Experience with Python for large-scale scientific development
You are passionate about:
- Advanced algorithms and scientific applications
- Writing high quality, efficient software
- Cultivating a thrilling team spirit in an agile environment
- Experimenting with state of the art technologies and services
You want to learn about:
- Image Analysis & Deep Learning for medical applications
- Software engineering excellence, continuous integration & delivery of medical applications
- Medical devices and working in a regulated environment
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
● Master of Science in Computer Science or related field
● 5+ year(s) of relevant industry experience in a software company
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.