The Solution Engineer will be responsible for guiding customers through the process of security consulting and implementing HeartFlow’s solutions in their hospital/clinical environment. This person will need a deep understanding of Japanese Guideline for medical safety management, network, protocol and data security risks and protections. They will be in charge of security review of HeartFlow product, presentation for medical institution committees, negotiation with IT department for VPN deployment and test order workflow development together with other field teams. They will also work with clinical and engineering resources onsite to deploy solutions that work within the existing infrastructure and workflow, and overcome technical and political obstacles that arise. Once solutions are implemented the Solution engineer assists Customer Support and the regional/global Technology teams in troubleshooting and alleviating customer issues.
The Solution Engineer is also responsible for collaborating closely with the regional/global technology teams to influence the roadmap of future technical solutions. Information on feature requests, workarounds, undiscovered bugs and the varied infrastructures of different institutions are vital to HeartFlow’s customer centric focus.
This position will travel to customer sites (up to 80%).
- Guide HeartFlow’s customers through the process of implementing our unique SaaS non-invasive diagnostic technology.
- In charge of Security Review, HeartFlow guideline compliance presentation, test order workflow development.
- Be a customer resource for information on HeartFlow’s technology, network protocols, security and data protections associated with transfer of medical imaging data over the Internet.
- Onsite ISP construction support and VPN router installation.
- Help HeartFlow gain worldwide adoption of our novel FFRct product by providing knowledgeable responses to customer inquiries and issues.
- Assist with the rollout of new HeartFlow products and services to existing and new customer base.
- Provide prompt documentation and complete resolution of reported issues and help manage knowledge base for customer issues.
- Deliver customer feedback into HeartFlow’s Customer Relationship Management system and help team members analyze and distill data to drive improvements in technology.
- Reading and Writing English skills are required.
(They must read technical documents in English and communicate with Global team via e-mail.)
- Positive, professional personality, comfortable in front of groups/customers
- Presentation skills and public speaking abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible, accountable, and ability to work well with teams and cross-functionally
- Comfortable in high pressure situations
- Healthcare IT - Working knowledge of PACS, DICOM, Test Order Workflow requirements and Personal Information protections are preferred.
- Technical skills required
- Networking – demonstrated experience troubleshooting IP, routing, connectivity, and latency issues. Understanding of data protection, encryption. Knowledge of web services, certificates
- VMware - Experience deploying and troubleshooting VMs, working knowledge of ESX features
- Linux - experience shell scripting, troubleshooting, services, logs are preferred
Educational Requirements & Work Experience:
- BA in Computer Science is preferred
- Demonstrated customer facing skills are required.
- 3+ years working experience as Service Sales or Service Marketing.
- Prior experience working in the health care industry or a regulated environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies is preferred.
- Experience as a support engineer for large-scale websites and/or web-based products is preferred.
- Fluent Japanese required (speaking, reading, writing)
Special Working Conditions:
- The responsibilities of this position sometimes require working evenings and weekends, with little advanced notice
- Required to be on call 24/7 as needed
- Travel to customer locations
Note: While this job description attempts to describe the essential functions of the position, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. It does not restrict management’s right to assign or re-assign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
About HeartFlow, Inc.
HeartFlow, Inc. is a medical technology company redefining the way heart disease is diagnosed and treated. Our non-invasive HeartFlow FFRct Analysis leverages deep learning to create a personalized 3D model of the heart. By using this model, clinicians can better evaluate the impact a blockage has on blood flow and determine the best treatment for patients. Our technology is reflective of our Silicon Valley roots and incorporates decades of scientific evidence with the latest advances in artificial intelligence. The HeartFlow FFRct Analysis is commercially available in the United States, Canada, Europe and Japan. For more information, visit www.heartflow.com.
HeartFlow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
Positions posted for HeartFlow are not intended for or open to third party recruiters / agencies. Submission of any unsolicited resumes for these positions will be considered to be free referrals.