As a key member of the Palletizing team, the Senior Project Engineer- Palletizing reports to the Product Line Manager and is responsible for developing innovative solutions and automation process’, improving and troubleshooting equipment, and owning overall technical results for our robotic Palletizing product line. Collaborating across product lines, disciplines, and other functions, the Senior Project Engineer will help define and implement our equipment and design standards in line with the 80/20 philosophy.
The position will be based out of our headquarters in our Greenville, South Carolina location.
- Independently define and implement our equipment and design standards with a collaborative customer backed approach.
- Drive best in class product Mechanical Engineering by evaluating and improving the engineering procedures and practices required to reduce lead times, increase quality and reduce zero-charge parts & service.
- Mentor engineering talent by promoting cross functional training and sharing of best practices as a senior member of the team.
- Participate in business standardization effort. Work with commercial, application, execution, and operation teams to define and utilize standard tools for execution.
- Work with project teams to ensure projects remain on schedule for customer FATs per customer defined specification of build, rate, and quality.
- Support project managers on layout development by working with OEMs, robot reach studies, and throughput requirements.
- Work with Service and Aftermarket to develop ongoing processes to review and assess machine service frequency and premature part failure. Identify product line specific update opportunities for revenue growth.
- Work with the operations / quality team to implement and manage a continuous improvement systems to drive engineering effectiveness and continual reduction of engineering work order changes.
- Reduce engineering labor required for quotation process by maintaining accurate standard profit profiles and Machine Manager configurators.
- Work with Innovation team to implement proper hand off procedure from R&D to Commercialization.
- Drive enterprise strategy and continuous improvement culture throughout the team by using “80/20” tools to simplify the processes and meet annualized cost reduction and growth targets.
- Collaborate across the organization by working with manufacturing, service and sourcing functions to implement strategies and action plans that deliver the most efficient and effective operations unit. Consistently reduce costs through productivity gains and toolbox initiatives.
- Coordinate with Product Line Manager and other product lines/teams to develop and implement our standardization strategy.
- Support and drive the meaningful metrics that measure the product line engineering; track KPI progress, and advise/update all key stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent engineering experience required in lieu of a degree.
- 6+ years of progressive experience in mechanical engineering, experience in cross functional engineering teams to meet machine design standards.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results within a collaborative team environment and to gain alignment and develop productive working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to support development and management of machine standards to meet the company’s objectives for lead time and overall machine standardization.
- Able to define a problem, gather data to draw conclusions and develop appropriate plans to address.
- Strong change management, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of mechanical design utilizing standard CAD and Solidworks tools.
- Excellent business analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization abilities and project management.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with experience in communicating and working with a remote staff.
- Willing to travel when necessary.
- MBA and/or Advanced degree in Engineering.
- Experience in Packaging machine engineering.
- Experience in the food, beverage, and/or personal & home care markets.
- Experience in robotics engineering.
- Experience in EOAT design and concepts
- Experience in robotic palletizing and casepacking system design.
- Experience with system-level-engineering.
- Experience with integrating equipment into larger manufacturing lines, including interface considerations.
- Demonstrated project-planning and project-management skillset.
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. ITW Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com.