The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
What you will do:
- You will perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- You will provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and perform scheduled maintenance inspections and repairs as required.
- You will perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- You will read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- You will diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments as necessary.
- You will perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- You will use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- You will comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
What we are looking for:
- Electrical – able to read schematics, understands controls and power distribution.
- Mechanical – able to read mechanical/hydraulic and pneumatic drawings, understands basic hydraulic function. Perform basic mechanical repair. Weld repair methods (mig, stick, tig).
- Knowledge of basic maintenance processes and methods.
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices.
- Manual dexterity and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and a willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Works well within a team and has a collaborative mentality.
- Multitasking capability with ability to identify and execute priority tasks.
Education and Experiences:
- Associates Degree in a maintenance related or industrial field a plus
- 3+ years of maintenance experience required
- High school diploma or equivalent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work standing and moving through facility during shift.
- Ability to work 8-10 hour days and be on call as needed.
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. ITW Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com.