Senior Electrical Design Engineer
As a key member of the Electrical Engineering team, the Senior Electrical Design Engineer reports to the Product Line Controls Manager and is responsible for designing, maintaining, improving, and releasing world class machinery. Collaborating within the Engineering department, the Electrical Design Engineer will implement our equipment and design standards in line with customer specifications and the ITW 80/20 philosophy. The engineer will be responsible for coordinating with our customers and project managers to ensure accurate machine releases and support aftermarket equipment as required. The selected candidate will design and test Programmable Logic Control (PLC) based control systems and utilize AutoCAD to design and layout panels according to NEC guidelines, arrange input/output (I/O) diagrams, and create machine electrical layout diagrams to meet project needs.
The position will be based at our headquarters in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Design of control panels using AutoCAD.
- Create and maintain accurate bills of materials for control panels and machine electricals in ERP system.
- Design brackets and fixtures for machine-mounted controls.
- Design the integration of peripheral equipment to control systems.
- Develop electrical engineering standards.
- Select and apply control components.
- Develop and maintain schedules and track work in-progress.
- Review and evaluate customer specification packages as well as price solutions.
- Support the development of new machine models by interfacing with customer, assembly, purchasing and service to drive continuous improvement.
- Drive best in class product electrical engineering.
- Manage change control of components and bills of materials.
- Evaluate and improve the engineering procedures and practices.
- Participate in business standardization efforts.
- Support aftermarket equipment in field.
- Work with the operations and quality team to implement and manage continuous improvement systems.
- Utilize ITW 80/20 Tools to streamline processes and procedures required for engineering release, procurement, and assembly of equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Associates Degree in Engineering with equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in associated field.
- Demonstrated ability to create electrical drawings using CAD software.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NEC, ISA, UL, CE, and RIA regulatory standards.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results within a team environment.
- Experience with bill of material management and ERP systems.
- Ability to define a problem, determine root cause, and develop corrective action plan.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to obtain a passport and travel when necessary.
- S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience designing control panels for machinery.
- Experience in Packaging machine engineering.
- Experience in the food, beverage, and/or personal & home care markets.
- Experience in robotics engineering.
- Experience in palletizing system design.
- Experience in common regulatory standards including NEC, ISA, UL, CE, and RIA
- Expertise with common electrical devices used in industrial designs.
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. ITW Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com.