Sourcing Category Manager- Electrical and Electronics
The Sourcing Category Manager - Electrical and Electronics will be responsible for the development of key commodity and supplier management strategies in order to position Hartness and the Specialty Products Segment to achieve meaningful long-term material cost reduction and improve supply chain risk management. The role is a combination of 50% strategy and 50% implementation activities and will impact $100-$125 million in annualized global spend.
Position Location: The position will reside in Greenville, SC
What you will do:
- Achieve annual and long-term cost reduction goals for assigned Electrical Components categories.
- Work with managers and other personnel across multiple divisions to develop strategies for the assigned categories.
- Oversee project implementation by building strong working relationships with local management, engineering, and sourcing personnel.
- Identify major savings opportunities and develop action plans by analyzing Electrical and Automation applications and solutions and develop action plans to achieve those goals while meeting customers and local requirements / standards.
- Identify content specific experts throughout the Divisions, Segment and Corporate. Leverage these expert’s knowledge to accomplish goals.
- Support sourcing requirements for the implementation of innovative new products and electrical components that differentiate Divisions and ITW in the market while ensuring that all Supplier sourced items meet our requirements.
- Lead cross-collaboration between the facilities and with other divisions / segments to increase ITW enterprise wide savings initiatives.
- Develop concrete action plans for the Division and Segment led initiatives.
- Ensure with Division Sourcing and Electrical Engineering that Suppliers newest generation of Electrical Components are utlized well before end of product life cycle.
- Drive simplification and standardization programs in close cooperation with divisional Sourcing and Electrical Engineering teams.
- Support Divisional Sourcing of Electrical Components with product selection criteria and support with selection standard to prevent SKU proliferation.
- Lead the process to identify and establish preferred Electrical Components suppliers / manufacturers, negotiations / implementation of frame contracts. (to enable new project RFQ with preferred suppliers /manufacturers; early involvement with the preferred suppliers / manufacturers to leverage their expertise to reduce design time and obtain favorable pricing).
What we are looking for:
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 85 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Hartness, an ITW Company:
Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program. Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status