Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
As key member of the One ITW Hartness Finance Team, the Senior Accounts Payable (AP) Specialist is responsible for the overall payables process, ensuring payments and credit card transactions are processed accurately and efficiently while also leading efforts to simplify and improve the processes. This team member will manage the daily workload of the AP analysts as well as taking the lead in coordinating and collaborating with colleagues across functional areas regarding suppliers and procurement matters.
- Accounts Payable process owner - coordinate and oversee the payables process including daily workload of AP analysts to ensure:
- Proper approvals for all payments prior to payment execution
- Accurate and timely entry of invoices
- Weekly payments via wire transfers, ACH payments, and manual checks as required
- Management of vendor statements and account reconciliations; including timely receipt of any credits due from vendors
- Proper vendor set up, relationship management, and documentation; including W-9’s, 1099 forms & approval for new supplier set up
- Accurate and timely Sales & Use Tax reporting & audit support
- Credit card expense management and oversight
- Manage credit card requests and policy adherence, including monthly audits as well as update and communication of policy changes as required
- Weekly review and approval of Concur expense reports for adherence to company policy
- Concur T&E postings to GL and associated account reconciliation
- Lead simplification projects and process improvements for payables and credit cards in line with our continuous improvement
- Partner with the Accounting team to complete general ledger reconciliations, journal entries and inquiries
- Assist with special projects and additional accounting functions as needed
- 5+ years of Accounts Payable processing
- Process ownership experience with proven ability to manage and improve processes
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred
- General accounting knowledge/experience with handling journal entries and general ledger
- Proven ability to work with vendors, reconcile/audit accounts and solve problems
- Strong communication, customer service, follow up and research skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and team player mentality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new software quickly
- Microsoft GP & Concur experience is a plus
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. ITW Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com.