Hartness, an ITW Company is looking for a Mechanical Technician with strong ability to assemble, read blue prints, use mechanical skills, and use basic hand tools in a production environment. You will need to work safely in a fast pace team environment and meet the production schedule while producing quality work.
What we are looking for:
- You must be able to understand equipment assembly functions
- Must be able to read and utilize calipers and a multimeter
- Understanding of basic electricity and cable sizes
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, electrical symbols, and electrical schematics
- Understand the inner working of pneumatic values
- Ability to troubleshoot and find the root cause of issues as well as think logically about solutions
- Aptitude with machine diagnostics, functionality, and equipment testing
- Critical thinking skills to diagnose problems and repair issues in an effective manner
- Multitasking capability with ability to identify and execute priority tasks
- Ability to utilize an array of electrical tooling; such as, strippers, crimpers, and terminal torque wrenches
- Basic understanding of AC/DC circuits and Ohm’s Law
- Ability to travel 10-15% to Customer Sites as required
Education and Experiences:
- Associates Degree in a related field preferred
- 1-3 Years of Mechanical Experience
- Electrical Experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The ability to stand or walk for 8-10 hrs a day
- Capable of lifting 35 lbs.
- Capable of bending, twisting, crouching, or kneeling
- Overtime may be required with short notice. Some weekend work may be required
- Capable of sitting in a car or plane for a certain amount of time
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. ITW Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com.