Electrical Technician –
This job will require you to assemble, wire, power up and trouble shoot machinery using assembly drawings and electrical schematics in a production environment. You will need to work in a team environment and meet the production schedule while producing quality work.
- Assemble and install both mechanical and electrical parts
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and drawings
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- A vast knowledge of multiple hand tools
- Continuous improvement
- Time utilization
- Good Attitude
- QUAILITY OF WORK PRODUCED
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to read and understand blue prints, electrical symbols and schematics.
- Able to read a multimeter.
- Basic understanding of AC/DC circuits and ohms law.
- Must be able to use an array of electrical tooling stripper, crimpers and terminal torque wrench.
- Must be able to understand cable routing.
- Troubleshooting: Must be able to find the root cause of issues and think logically about solutions.
- Able to do machine diagnostics, functionality, testing equipment / Safety circuits / machine power up.
- Critical Thinking: Diagnosing problems, must be able to think critically in their process of repairing the issue.
- Must be able to use diagnostic devices to service and install electrical parts.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Perform in an effective and timely manner all the tasks required.
- Able to build most mechanical devices and understand machine functionality.
- Capable of learning and understanding the AS/400 operating system
- Knowledge of a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedure
- Team oriented
- Self-Motivated and ability to work with little to no supervision
- Basic computer skill
- Able to work overtime with short notice
- The ability to work in a fast-paced high stressed work environment
- Candidates must be dependable, punctual, and organized
- Candidates should demonstrate flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail, project management ability, and professionalism
- Strong Effective Communication Skills
- This job requires overtime, weekend work as needed and basic electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong mechanical and pneumatic components knowledge.
- The ability to effectively communicate with others is a must.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform
- the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
- disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Other duties as needed
- Capable of lifting 35lbs.
- The ability to stand or walk for an entire shift.
ITW Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, ITW Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. ITW Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.8 billion in 2018. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com.