Controls Engineering Intern
The Controls Engineering Intern position is for candidates interested in developing their skill set in machine-based automation and control theory. The job includes learning, planning and creating programs from scratch, learning the function and use of electrical control components, and understanding the industry standards that govern machine design. The person in this role will work as part of an overall design team to specify control requirements and sequence of operations for machine centers or systems.
What you will do:
- You will learn to develop and create programs for basic packaging material handling devices (drop packers, shrink wrappers, accumulation systems, robots, conveyors, pallet dispensers, collating stations, etc.)
- You will learn to plan, edit and interface HMI programs with PLC and system functions.
- You will specify and maintain I/O lists used to coordinate electrical design with program design.
- You will learn to read and maintain Electrical Schematics.
- You will learn how to research industry standards.
What we are looking for (Experience & Education):
- Enthusiastic and inquisitive candidates.
- Mechanical/Electrical or Mechatronics education path preferred.
- Expertise in PLC programming, Rockwell Logix products
- Familiarity with common PC languages (Visual Basic, C++, Java, HTML) a plus.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment to meet organization goals and accomplish tasks.
- Proficient with common Microsoft office suite programs; such as, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 85 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Hartness, an ITW Company:
Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program. Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.