Hartness, An ITW Company is looking for a Quality Engineer to join a world class organization in the secondary packaging industry. This individual will be responsible for working with production, assembly, manufacturing, engineering and outsource vendors to ensure and drive quality within our organization. This individual will perform root cause analysis and assuring that all parts, assemblies and processes conform to engineering specification. This position will be located in our facility in Greenville, South Carolina.
What you will do:
- You will collaborate with engineering and assembly to ensure quality standards are in place and being implemented
- You will work with Engineering and Operations to solve in-house quality concerns, review non-conformances, recommend disposition and improvement techniques to prevent future non-conformances
- You will ensure that all non-conforming parts and assemblies are identified, documented and recorded in the database
- You will improve data collection system by utilizing Microsoft SharePoint to create a central repository for quality department’s data and reports
- You will audit outsource vendors and evaluate their performance to ensure they meet Hartness standards and improve the Vendor Quality Management program
- You will ensure that all engineering drawings provide the necessary clarity for manufacturability and inspection
- You will identify improvement opportunities, lead continuous improvement projects, and recommend adjustments to processes in order improve quality and/or reduce costs
- You will assist in department management duties as needed to, guide and coach Quality Technicians in detecting, containing, and problem-solving quality issues.
- This list is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as required.
What we are looking for:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite tools, especially Excel, to be able to create pivot charts, checklists, and analyze quantitative data
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a relevant field
- Quality assurance and audit experience
- Leadership experience and collaborative mindset
- Ability to read mechanical blue prints and electrical schematics
- Welding and Machine shop experience is a plus
- Ability to use attribute gauges, all basic and specialized measuring instruments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with good organizational skills
- Ability to stand or walk for an extended period
- Capable of lifting 35lbs
- Bachelors’ Degree required, Engineering preferred.
Hartness, an ITW Company
Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. Hartness / ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.3 Billion in 2017. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com.