Laser Programmer - Manufacturing (1st Shift)
Hartness, an ITW Company is looking for a Laser Programmer with a strong understanding of nesting i.e. the laying out of cutting patterns within Bystronic and Trumpf laser cutting machines to minimize waste of materials and to meet production requirements. This position has a primary responsibility for all set-ups and production runs to cut out metal parts for manufacturing of our world class specialty packaging industry products.
What you will do:
- You will receive orders from the production control servers and program specifications into laser cutting machines for production of metal parts
- You will nest (lay out cutting patterns) orders for the cutting process per the provided specifications
- You will manage the daily work load for three (3) Bystronic and Trumpf laser machines within the manufacturing area
What we are looking for:
- Ability to work well within a team environment to produce quality materials for our production and manufacturing teams
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Ability to comprehend specifications provided within orders and translate them to the desired cutting patterns
- Familiarity with reading and comprehending blue prints/schematics
- Understanding of tolerances as described on blue prints
Education and Experiences:
- Associates Degree in a related field (such as Laser Programming) or equivalent certifications
- 3-5 Years of Experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with laser programming in prior work experience
- Experience with utilizing Solidworks 3D CAD design software
- Experience with nesting orders for Laser cutting CNC equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work standing full shift in Laser dept.
- Ability to work 8 to 10 hour days and some Saturdays.
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 85 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Hartness, an ITW Company:
Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program. Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.