Electrical Engineering Intern
The Electrical Designer Intern position with Hartness International is for candidates interested in developing their skill set in industrial electrical design for PLC based machinery. The position involves the use of Autocad to design and layout panels according to the NEC guidelines, arranging input/output (I/O) diagrams, machine electrical layout diagrams, and other developments as required related to the position.
What you will do:
- You will design control panels utilizing Autocad
- You will create electrical schematics for PLC machinery
- You will learn NEC (National Electrical Code) and UL design requirements.
- You will help develop bill of materials for control panels and machine electricals
- You will help develop electrical engineering standard tools
- You will correctly select and apply control components
- You will develop and maintain schedules and track works in progress
- You will communicate shared files, spreadsheet lists, and document files
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiastic and inquisitive candidates.
- Ability to work as part of a team toward common goals
- Prior Autocad experience is a plus, but not required.
- Familiarity with common Microsoft office projects including spreadsheets, Databases and documents
- Ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively
Experience & Education:
- Electrical Engineering, or Mechatronics education path preferred with an interest in industrial control design
Since ITW’s founding more than 100 years ago, ITW has become one of the world’s leading diversified manufacturers of specialized industrial equipment, consumables and related service businesses. ITW businesses serve local customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence in developed as well as emerging markets. The company has operations in 56 countries that employ more than 50,000 women and men who adhere to the highest ethical standards. ITW has 85 businesses divided into 7 Segments, which includes: Welding, Automotive OEM, Food Equipment Group, Construction Products, Polymers & Fluids, Test and Measurement & Electronics, and Specialty.
Hartness, an ITW Company:
Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
Take this opportunity to join a successful and enthusiastic global team where you can make a significant impact immediately. You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program. Hartness is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.