Quality Assurance Inspector
Hartness, An ITW Company is looking for a Quality Assurance Inspector. This individual will work as a part of the Hartness Quality team to conduct in inspections and audits based on the quality standards and company specifications. This individual will also work with manufacturing to facilitate the corrective actions on any quality and production issues identified.
What you will do:
- You will perform detailed mechanical inspection of all parts and / or assembles
- You will ensure that all engineering drawings provide the necessary clarity for manufacturability and inspection
- You will create checklists and standard operating procedures
- You will ensure that all non-conforming parts and assemblies are identified, documented and recorded in the database
- You will audit outsource vendors and evaluate their performance to ensure quality
- You will Maintain the calibration log
- You will perform root cause analysis for all non-conformance items detected
- You will collaborate with engineering and assembly to ensure quality standards are in place and being implemented
- You will implement methods and procedures for inspecting and evaluating the precision and accuracy of all products
- You will recommend improvements and adjustments to the assembly or production process
- You will work with team leaders to ensure corrective measures are being implemented to prevent non-conformance issues
What we are looking for:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word and Outlook) to be able to create reports, checklists and SOPs
- Must have experience utilizing Excel to create reports, organizing and analyzing data sets, and other tasks as required.
- Quality assurance and audit experience
- Ability to read mechanical blue prints and electrical schematics
- Welding and Machine shop experience is a plus
- Ability to use attribute gages, all basic and specialized measuring instruments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to stand or walk for an entire shift
- Capable of lifting 35lbs
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- Associate degree in a related field or quality engineering certificate plus at least 5 years of relevant experience in Quality Assurance.
Hartness, an ITW Company
Hartness is a world class secondary packaging equipment manufacturer headquartered in the beautiful suburbs of Greenville, SC. Founded on the premise of cutting-edge innovation and a relentless commitment to our customers, Hartness’ world class equipment is designed to our customers’ goals of continuous improvement throughout the production process.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and other great benefit programs. Hartness / ITW is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Hartness is a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc. (ITW), a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.3 Billion in 2017. The company’s seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has more than 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world (57 countries) who thrive in the company’s unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. To learn more about ITW, visit www.itw.com.